Sta-Set DB ?

flushcut

TreeHouser
Just wondering if any of you kids out there are splicing Sta-Set DB and if there are any tricks I should be aware of? I am looking to make a few light rigging slings basically EYE slings.

Very nice handling cord with almost no stretch. I used it for my hitch cord for years and I also use the 1/2" for my winch/material handler on my bucket truck. Very durable and I find the double braid very easy to splice.

It is about the easiest db that I have ever done. I have a ring and ring friction saver out of one as well as a few eye slings. It is a pretty loose braid but they seem to hold up well in spite of that.

The hardest part can be telling the difference between the core and the cover when you are first starting the splice. With most StaSet lines, most of the cover, so white and the core is white. Just make sure you only have core fibers when extracting it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys! I have been splicing the hell out of Stable Braid lately and I got it down cold. The Sta Set is the blue 3/8" stuff that I got lightly used from a buddy and I am making some E2E slings for speed line work, you just because.

Hi rumination. My name is nick. Welcome to the tree house.

:)

love
nick

Hi Nick, my name is Leon. You used to give me advice on here when I was first learning splicing when I was living in Hawaii. Thanks for the welcome....er, welcome back. :)

Chris, Brion Toss's instructions are the best!

Sorry for this derail, but is Oceans Polyester a double braid as well? I saw Treestuff selling hand spliced 8 & 10 OP but I once tried splicing 3/8" StaSet into an i2i and it was terrible. Any thoughts?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry for this derail, but is Oceans Polyester a double braid as well? I saw Treestuff selling hand spliced 8 & 10 OP but I once tried splicing 3/8" StaSet into an i2i and it was terrible. Any thoughts?

Derail away I got what I needed. Three e2es down and and seven more to do. It really is pretty easy to splice.

Back