NOW THIS IS ONE COOL TOOL!

Jack

Treehouser
Just when I thought I was approaching having enough tools ... :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IHIR9N6K8kY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Too bad it's not Christmas time :|:

I'll probably get one. I asked my buddy who's a Mac Tools dealer about this last night and he said stanley has made one like it for years. It doesn't extend though. I told him I was pissed at him for not telling me about it sooner. :)

I bought the ratchet and both screwdrivers with Christmas $$$ given me.

I had a use for the ratchet in mind and could have used something like it several times this year. Will give feed back when I try it.

I think some of Kobalt tools are on the weak side. I had a ratcheting screwdriver of theirs and it didn't even last for one screw and then got a replacement and the same thing happened. I'll take a fine tooth Snapon, Mac, or Crapsman ratchet any day.

My nephew had a Harbor Freight 3/8 fine tooth ratchet he thought highly of. We will see how long it lasts. My Dad used to buy some tools from them 30 years ago. Some of them weren't bad.

My son bought me a 3/4 drive set from Tractor Supply. Chinese. Has held up for a year OK. Nice to buy American. Can't always afford.

Why not buy where people put their heart in their work? Personally it seems better to me than a more nationalist approach that sometimes will get you unreliable goods. There are mouths to feed everywhere.

Maybe I should have said, Buy from companies who pay their workers a decent wage and give benefits.

I have never bought an article of clothing at Walmart, for example. Their suppliers pay employees an unjust wage in say Thailand and are forced to work in horrible conditions.

I cannot say I don't own goods made in countries where there are no EPA laws, but I very rarely buy them.

As a world society we need to pay more attention to everything. We are in charge of our future. And yes there are starving people everywhere, even in my town.

I try to stay out of Walmart. How many clothing and shoe factories are left in the US? Back in the late 70s early 80s I used to buy American made Wolverine shoes. I was given a pair of Texas Steer, K mart brand shoes. I can't remember where they were made back then, but foreign. They lasted quite a bit longer. I priced them and they were about half the price. Hard to pay double for something not as good. I think Unions can take some of the blame.

Everone says they don't buy at walmart, but not a soul says where they DO shop. And don't say Target, Sears, or JC Penny. Those are minimum wage jobs that buy foreign shit, too

Where do you shop that pays well and is all made in America? Pray tell!

Well in terms of better quality competition from Honda ,Toyota and others forced US auto makers to build a better vehicle .Let's face facts those pieces of Detroit iron in the 70's and 80's where junk .About the early 90's they finally got their heads out of their asses .

Now I have no doubt perhaps the UAW might have had something to do with poor quality but that changed about 1990 .You can hear all the insinuations but unless you are right down in the trenchs like me and see it first hand you can't comprehend it .

There are so many checks and balances built into the manufacturing process in addition to employee involvement that seldom does any imperfection slip out .Fact ole Al has put the halts to them every so often if something goes awry .Now every so often one does slip by but most times the problem is curtailed before the buyer gets it .The system is not perfect but it's a sight better than days of old .The so called "good old days " were not all that good .

Well it's nearly impossible to buy all made in the USA .Even Sears and Roebuck much is made in either China or Mexico .It's just a fact .

Oh it isn't just hardware my Lawd half the freakin tires are made off shore .Carhart of all things are made in Mexico now doesn't that just suck .:(

I'm still waiting for a list of these Mom and Pop All American" stores. I need some new socks and groceries!!!

Wages are just one factor, albeit a large one. The end price for American made goods is just too high for most people to accept. How much is an American pair

of shoes these days? Home Depot, Tractor Supply are full of Chinese.

I don't follow the news closely, but I know Delphi union made concessions. American Axle didn't, and they are gone from here. You have to be awfully productive to compete in the world market when you are paying your workers $25-$30/hour.

Not skilled workers, like electricians, ironworkers, tinknockers. They have skills that took some time to learn. Guys in production were making that much here. How much do they get paid overseas?

Management/white collar/ CEOs all have their finger in the pie too.

For all intents in case anyone did not know just about all those involved in the automobile manufacturing made some kind of concessions .It's came back to a point though .

Things happen and it was not just due to high priced workers .The economy just went into free fall and fell like a stack of dominoes .

If you really think about it it touched just about everyone from bank tellers to loggers .If you are in the service industry as those who are arborists for example if the perspective customer has no money you have no job ,plain and simple ,like it or not .

If somebody has the brilliant idea everyone should only get paid 12-15 bucks an hour just how would that affect others ? Some might think it's a grand plan but they wouldn't like the outcome .

Back