New Toy

treesmith

Banned
Well, I turned the big ol' 45 today, and was pleasantly surprised by my wife and daughters, (with kindly assistance from one notable Rutherford!), with a......

IMG_1534_zps538d42b0.jpg

Yep, it's a .45! Thanks for your assistance, Carl!

Cool gun, great picture. Have fun with it.

I am a firm believer that every honest citizen should own a gun to protect themselves, their family and their property.

But the way this country is being run today an honest citizen can not defend either without going to jail or prison.

It sucks

What an awesome gift..... Wish someone would have thought of me at 50 that way ;)

Something in .50 cal, 50. AE or .500 S&W Magnum.... I can't see much wrong with that; ridiculously over-powered rounds that are guaranteed to leave a smile on your face. I mean, just mentioning it brings a smile back to my face recalling the first time I shot my friend's wife's 6.5" S&W 500. The terms "giggling like a school girl" come to mind.

Nice Kimber by the way Scott, and happy belated birthday! :D 1911's are addictive.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I'm looking forward to shooting it! Bought 3 boxes of ammo yesterday....it's been a while since I bought .45, and like everything else, it's gone up! Gonna have to get back to reloading....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Scott, what is a gun like that designed for? A self defense weapon or target shooting, or....?
Don't get me wrong, I love guns. I had my first 12 gauge and big rifle before I was a teenager down on the family farm. And I shot alot of rounds out of a Browning 9mm similar to Scott's when I was in the reserves doing range qualifications.

But I feel for you guys in the U.S., you have alot of people in your country compared to us here in Canada that can make alot of tension.
My theory is this: Seeing the U.S is almost as large in land mass as Canada with 10 times the population that Canada has.
I visualize having 2 boxes side by side , one with 4 house rats in it, the other with 40. Now the one with 4 rats I can see them getting along, now on the other hand the box with 40 rats there is going to be alot of tension over territory.

Back