Rope Swings

bonner1040

Nick from Ohio
Have I posted this before? This is a buddy of mine riding a swing I built here in Cleveland...

It wont embed the right video... here it is (it says nick does the swing but its my friend nick, I am the camera man.)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_5AjMmMnXiQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How bout this one, it aint me or mine buts its fun to watch!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4B36Lr0Unp4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Please tell me your wife never seen you wearing that shirt in public before she committed to marrying you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dont know why it was embedding the wrong video, you didnt see my underarmor when I posted that video before? I had to take my company shirt off as they dont like me representing my opinions as company backed.

Please tell me your wife never seen you wearing that shirt in public before she committed to marrying you!

You were able to read his t shirt? After your post, I went back and looked at it 3 more times and couldn't make out anything. What are you talking about?

for some reason the embed code kept displaying the two way notch video, where my underarmor was a bit tight. I fixed it.

I am not in the video thats posted now. thats my friend nick... I guess I should have clarified that. My hair has never got so long.

We had a rope laying on the ground attached to the swing-er so that if something happened and they were unable to lower themselves we could pull them back in (when you stopped swinging you had to rap down to the ground underneath) . Eventually one of our buddies got pulled off the embankment by his ankle so we stopped doing that.

I normally can't watch rope swing vids. Usually if someone takes the time to put a rope swing vid on youtube, there's something bad in it.

One thing I've learned for the standard non-harness rope swings: No loops. Stopper knots only. There are too many vids of people getting their foot/leg stuck in the loop.

I'm a fan of harness style swings!

love
the other nick

Foot loops always lead to disaster. If its a hold on type swing using a board or stick on the bottom to stand on and one to hold on to on is a lot safer.

Back