Alpine Magnum Stumpgrinder

• Thread starter Greenhorn
  • Start date
  • Replies 32
  • Views 5K
G

Greenhorn

I need to sell this thing to free up some cash. I think atleast two members on this forum have them and there is an alpine magnum website. I probably have less than 60 hrs on it and have alot of accessories, paid 4500 for it all a few yrs ago. Asking 3500 but pm me, make an offer, willing to deal with tree housers! It needs to go so I can buy more saws!!

Thanks!!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/bfs/3252413140.html

I've become quite fond of following pockets of rot while stumping. Amazing what a small defect turns into as you peel back the layers. And 2 are never the same.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Make me an offer, somebody, anybody! I have never used ebay but I guess I better start.

Yeah Nick I gave Jeff Cochran the info and the link and he bitched that it was a Husky. Some people you just cannot please.

In all seriousness, what's it worth, what do you want for it, how old is it, how much is shipping gonna cost and where are the pics or video?

Bud, it might help to put up a sworn statement that regardless of the engine brand, it actually will grind stumps.

Good point Jay, but I was only trying to help. Now if a comission is involved call me Stan the Salesman.

In all seriousness, what's it worth, what do you want for it, how old is it, how much is shipping gonna cost and where are the pics or video?

I probably have less than 60 hrs on it and have alot of accessories, paid 4500 for it all a few yrs ago. Asking 3500 but pm me, make an offer, willing to deal with tree housers! Thanks!! http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/bfs/3252413140.html

And worth every cent, ask Roger. If you could get it here for $3500 I'd take it.8)

Pictures are in the link.

Does anybody know what a rough estimate would be to ship this thing inside the US? I think its 80ish pounds. Or what shipping service to use? Thanks for spreading the word guys, btw.

Thanks Nick, that second site looks pretty cool.

Does anybody know what a rough estimate would be to ship this thing inside the US? I think its 80ish pounds. Or what shipping service to use? Thanks for spreading the word guys, btw.

Call Keith of AM and ask him about shipping. Ship the powerhead in a separate box of course, which would prolly run $25.....the machine about $100-125, I'd guess, possibly by motor freight due to its size.

Yes, the AM is a very capable stump grinder. One simply has to do a lot of digging, and grind around the stump and some roots first with old teeth. Avoid rocks and it will grind very fast. I only use it for a few easy stumps or those that can't be accessed with normal machines.

Back