Trade 268 clutch cover for 372 clutch cover

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Trade a husqvarna 268 272 61 66 266 clutch cover with metal brake handle. Need brake band replaced or fixed somehow. Came off of a 268xp in pic. NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Want a better complete side tensioner 365 372 clutch cover.

clinton268272xp005.jpg

NO LONGER AVAILABLE

I'd probably just go aftermarket from Bailey's for something like that.

Kevin, got a favor to ask. I just spent almost $300 on parts to fix a 372xp that had broken down on me a year ago and I then began raiding it for parts for my other saws. I have everything back together and just discovered that the plastic starter spool is broken. There's a small tab where the spring hooks on it and that tab broke off. Might you have an extra spool in your spare parts box?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd probably just go aftermarket from Bailey's for something like that.

Kevin, got a favor to ask. I just spent almost $300 on parts to fix a 372xp that had broken down on me a year ago and I then began raiding it for parts for my other saws. I have everything back together and just discovered that the plastic starter spool is broken. There's a small tab where the spring hooks on it and that tab broke off. Might you have an extra spool in your spare parts box?

You talking the plastic pulley inside the recoil? I have a brand new one here I have on hand for a back up for a few years now.

Part you needing look like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUSQVARNA-R...152?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230cd025f0

I have a clutch cover that I made to work on small mount and large mount 362xp-372's. Just wanted a better cover. Not a must have.

Hah! I figured you might have one. :D What do you want for it? I can paypal the money today.

I have a couple body parts for a 346 but not anything for a 372, sorry. And the newer 372 has the brake on the case, not the side cover. You would lose the chain brake entirely swapping covers.

Brian I need a 372 clutch cover for a 372.

The 268 66 61 266 272 clutch cover is just for trading with if someone needed one. It's no longer on a saw.

PM me what you have for a 346 to trade. Parts etc in the parts bins are better then $ to me.

Not really willing to give up 346 parts seeing as how I have two running and they are pushing 10-11 years old. At some point I'm going to need that stuff in order to keep my income producing tools working. I can't be cannibalizing my work tools. That's why I've stuck with the same saw models rather than buying one of this and one of that.

Right now I have 2 running 372xp 362xp that use that new pulley I have for back ups.

At the Husky dealer about $15-$19, aftermarket $10 plus shipping. I buy husky parts online when I get a bulk order from Jacks small engines. Link below.

http://www.jackssmallengines.com/

Back