Stihl 200 rear handle

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Guys this is not my saw but wanted to share info here. Knowing you guys like these.

Looks like new to me.

Stihl MS 200 rear handle professional model arborist climbing chain saw. This saw is like new and is a very rare find in this condition. Look on Ebay how much this saw is selling for they are going for over $400 in this condition. It has great compression and throttle responce. This is the best climbing saw ever made! My asking price is $400,shoot me a reasonable offer. I have refrences. Thanks for looking!

Call or text 916-538-9393

r200a.jpg r200.jpg r200b.jpg

Fair enough, but its the rear handle, not the climbing saw 200t.
Seems like he's trying to hype it a wee bit as 200t are no longer available.

Regardless its still a good buy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's worth every penny of 400 bucks.

I thought about buying it to flop and thought NOT (yes it was hard for me to say no to myself), just let you guys have a shot at it if you wanted a light trim saw.

Number comes back to California.

It's a fine little saw, works a treat for the little stuff. I'd climb with it, if I didn't have a 200T, in a heartbeat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Burnham, whats the rear handle 200 go for new. I know all about the 200T prices.

You guys gals can take a dead 200T parts and take the 200 rear handle stuff off and have you another 200T. Just another thought for the mechanically inclined. ;)

I priced a rear handle right before I bought the last two 200Ts on the shelf. $659 plus tax. I think you can still get a new one with the right dealer. As far as swapping parts, if you have them it works, if you have to buy them forgetta bout it.

A very useful saw...you just can't one hand it. As a ground saw and handy for removing tops with a crane.

The MS200 does have the summer/winter window for heat transfer to the carb as we see with the snowflake /sun symbol on the side of the air box. More then enough to keep the saw from icing up in cold climates. Especially when you duct tape up the lower half of the rewind housing's air intake screen.
My Husky 338XP has no "winter mode option" what so ever.

Willard, I don't care about the saw icing up.
After running the damned things for over 30 years, I have a bad case of Rayneaud's syndrome.( Spelling suspect, as Fi would say)
I can only run heated handle saws in the winter.

I like it's power to weight ratio. Perhaps a tad underpowered whe it comes to removing larger limbs on the ground, but when you are pooped out and a lighter saw will aid that, it works real well. I often bring it to a job and it doesn't get used, but just being an available backup has a lot of value.

Willard, I don't care about the saw icing up.
After running the damned things for over 30 years, I have a bad case of Rayneaud's syndrome.( Spelling suspect, as Fi would say)
I can only run heated handle saws in the winter.
Ok now I see your version of "Artic" Stig.
I only owned one Artic Stihl saw and it only had the heated carb. I never owned a saw with heated handles. But then I have never had carpal tunnel or Rayneauds either.
I hear Tartrazine yellow 5 food coloring has a big impact causing Rayneauds. It's banned in Norway and Austria.

I remember many moons ago I tried out a saw with heated handles when logging.I can't remember if it was a Stihl or Jonsered. It had the on-off switch behind the clutch cover, or was it on the side of the top handle?

When it was on, my hands got real hot and alot of times during that day when I turned it off it would come back on again from the switch brushing against underbrush when falling and hitting the limbs when limbing.

BUMP...I'm interested in getting a 200 rear handle...what do they retail for now in the US?
Or, anyone got a lead on a used one?

Bermy, Stihl makes a 201 RH (rear handle) now...no more 200's unless you find a used one on ebay or somewhere.

If you can find one, either 200 or 201, you will be a very happy sawyer. A little tiny bit of easy work letting the muffler flow, and my 200 RH is a fire breathing dragon. I run a 16 inch bar and chain. Anything up to 20 inch wood, I don't even think about a larger saw. I have most satisfactorily felled the incidental 24 inch douglas fir and red alder with it. Weighs about 8 pounds, wet. Kick-azz saw.

Back