TreeHouser
help me ballpark price it would ya all

grcs with kerf plate (used a few times)
2 spring pin blocks all 5/8ths rigging
2 isc blocks
4 12 ft slings
300 ft yale 5/8ths rigging rope(blue) 1 year old

and 390 with 42 inch bar

am i right that all this should bring in 5 grand?

also still have the k kumerling ratcheting bollard
the 1625 super jr
and the 12 inch whisper chipper to go

im hoping ive got six to seven grand here

that ought to give me roughly 11 or so
i need roughly 10 grand now to make comp, edd, feds go away , getting hit with over 700 a month in penalties
so its got to go

your thoughts....

If you're serious then throw up some pictures so people have a better idea on exactly what you're selling. Otherwise you might get lots of sympathy but you won't get many serious offers.

How does the KK ratcheting bollard compare to a Hobbs? Anybody know?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
the k k device...not as good as a hobbs but for a couple hundred bucks its better than a kick in the nuts,

brian ill get the wife to help with pics tommorow

cash is where im at, sympathy is appreciated though

How does the KK ratcheting bollard compare to a Hobbs? Anybody know?

I've never used a Hobb's, but I'm sure it's better than the KK. That said, however, I still haul my ratcheting bollard everywhere I go. I got it, along with a block, two slings and a 150' 9/16" Stable Braid for $350, and it's paid for itself several times over. Mine's built a little differently than the one they sell now, but it's still pretty much the same style.

Looking at it, I wouldn't expect much for the rope and slings. They just look used and we don't know their history. Someone might give you money for it, but I doubt it.

The GRCS on the other hand.... I'll start the bidding at $1,000!

Looking at it, I wouldn't expect much for the rope and slings. They just look used and we don't know their history. Someone might give you money for it, but I doubt it.

The GRCS on the other hand.... I'll start the bidding at $1,000!

I don't know about all that. Let's try and help a brother make a sale here, not knock his gear because its been in a tree before. Those blocks look dandy to me. They either work or they don't.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ill always be a tree tramp,
the bit from nick heated me up a bit earlier i tell ya
but thats what seperates us old school euc men from the youngster oakmen these days

thanks for your kindness and respect bro

I think y'all misunderstood me. The opening post said "help me figure out what this is worth."

If I were to rank all the used gear on any crew I would always rank used ropes way down on the list. But that's just me. Those blocks I would snatch up in a heart beat. A lot of hardware I'd treat the same.

Regarding the GRCS- I was mostly joking about the price- not sure how high I'd go- but I'm sure someone would state they'd consider giving a lot more for it and then we'd get closer to knowing what it might actually be worth.

Would anyone go $2,000 for it?

Not trying to ruffle any feathers here. Just trying to get the conversation started.

Also- are you actually putting these up for sale right now, or just looking to get rough estimates on what it should all go for?

Does 25-50% of new retail cost seem reasonable to expect for used slings, but,more like 75% for hardware?

love
nick

I talked with my partner about those blocks. I think they are a bit too big for what we want. We both agree that they are priced fairly and hopefully you can sell them quickly..... I still think we are going to kick our selves for not jumping on those spring blocks.

Back