1998 Morbark 2400 186hp Deere

lumberjack

Young man on the go
I have a 98 Morbark 2400 with the 186hp John Deere turbo diesel. It also has the hydraulic swivel chute option. I bought it last May and have only used it on maybe 6 jobs (5 that I remember). One job was fairly sizeable (19 trees) and we chipped 150+ yards of material in 2 days. The previous owner is a friend, and I was flush with cash following last year's tornadoes. With the Gehl and my ability to dump unchipped organic matter for free, the chipper sits idle, waiting for wood!

The previous owner put in new main bearings before I bought it, and I replaced the clutch after learning a valuable lesson:grin:.

I'm asking $15k with new knives, fresh trailer lights (done properly), resealed chute swivel motor (shaft seal is weeping), and the lift/crush cylinders put back in service. The cylinders were disconnected by the previous owner because they were reducing down pressure on the feed wheel, I believe all that was wrong was the hoses were backwards. If someone would rather do the lite work (listed above), a lower price would be on order... say $13k. As it stands, the chipper could be put into service tomorrow no problem, but to make it 100% the above needs to be done.

You can contact me via PM, carlrutherford@hughes.net, or call/text/iMessage 662-251-9191. Anyone that knows me should be able to attest to my 100% no BS, straight up sales approach to anything and everything. My reputation is worth too much to do any different.

Picture taken today:
62038052.jpg

Starting the engine today, super easy starting, even in winter!

The first "job" at the house that I did with the Gehl and Morbark. Easily a 12-15 minute job now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P9vXtotCdY

I don't think it will fill a semi trailer, and I've filled a lot of them. That's not to discourage a sale or knock someone else's machine. Just speaking from.experience.

Just out of curiosity, do you think that will chip all the way to the front of a semi trailer with a walking floor?

Just about. You have to set the autofeed to keep the RPM on the drum up, and it will manage it. I have built a second stage blower on a similar machine to improve discharge performance, its relatively easy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Didn't miss it, Justin. The tach was replaced at some point and I have no confidence in the hour meter. I think it says a couple hundred hours. The engine is in top shape by all appearances, which would be my biggest concern.

If I were loading chip vans, I would add a blower like Ed says.

Just out of curiosity, do you think that will chip all the way to the front of a semi trailer with a walking floor?

We run a 2400xl at work with a 188hp perkins. It wouldn't fill a semi, just not enough throwing power stock. The drum chippers have a lot harder time throwing chips than a disc. 2400's are the workhorse chipper of this industry IMO. Good chippers for the money!

Thanks, Darin. Just need to get the right people to see it I'm thinking!

I'm very interested, but I would want to wait till august when I have a bit more cash. If you still have it by then let me know

The 2400xl will fill the trailer,like has been said they do strugle to get it all the way to the front. Picture 1100 (Medium).jpg

Andrew wanted infeed dimensions over at the buzz, here is the picture I posted for reference.

b3c44ad2.jpg

Back