2 Dog Leash

bonner1040

Nick from Ohio
I always thought walking 2 dogs at once was a PITA. If none of you guys have two dogs, this is probly wasted.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2JTM0pj5uUI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like it. I have made several 2 dogs leashes for my 2 Spaniels, but they were all fixed length. It never occurred to me to make a "floating 2 dog leash"!
Another use for all that used rope I have sitting around.

Interesting idea.

But when I walk my two dogs, I use an invisible leash.

I don't use a leash myself. My dogs are bird dogs and obedience and restraint is worked into them young. That's not a boasting statement, I just mean that because of the role they have, I had to go to greater lengths early in their lives for their safety, and the safety of non-Target animals.

Let me correct myself. Around traffic they are on leashes. But they don't really ever get around traffic. When I was hunting in Maine this fall, I kept a leash handy. On those dirt roads throughout the wilderness, those log trucks FLY. They don't even brake for moose. They smash em right outta the way and shift gears.

Butch, when those guys buy a new tractor to pull log trailers with, the first they do is have a moose guard installed. They do not brake, swerve, or attempt to avoid hitting the moose.

I hear THAT!

products_aero.jpg

land_train.jpg

Cool I dunno about tying my two guys together like that though.

I happen to have a couple of nice leashs around anyways.;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As I am sure everyone has been wondering.... version 2.0 is coming soon.

more adjustability, more function, more streamlined...

STAY TUNED!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here are some pics. It came out short, which Meg wanted, because I forgot to account for the fact that the cord shortens once it is stuffed. I used the old winch line off the chipper which I washed and it came out pretty clean.

Meg is convinced that the 3/8" amsteel blue, locking brummeled with an essentially 36" bury isnt strong enough to hold the dogs, because its frayed. I tried to explain that it could hang 2 or 3 of her SUV's end to end, she didnt believe me.

Here are some pictures:

2013-04-30

2013-04-30

2013-04-30

2013-04-30

There are 2 sets of pockets, the lower (closest to the dog) and upper (closest to the user). The lower ones have some 7mm cord in them with a small knot inside the pocket. The 7mm cord serves to open the pocket up as well as provide a stopper that the handle cant go through. The upper pockets are flush.

The handle is made out of small cordura chafe protector and is really smooth and comfortable. The dog snap can be clipped around the body, allowing the 'floating' action, or clipped into either set of pockets for close city walking.

Whats best is that you can have the handle around your wrist and be holding both lower pockets while you are on the stairs and whatnot.

Note on the construction, there are locking brummels at the carabiner connection points then the inner line is buried 12" or so, comes out for 6" then back in for another 12". There is one more 6" pocket before the center point (constructed the same way), after which I overlapped the tails 6" pulled them out and tapered them, milking them in to set the overlap. All of the splice points are lockstiched.

Took me about 2 hours.

Back