Gecko Spikes

mccauleytree

TreeHouser
Hey guys I just picked up a pair of Geckos off craigslist (the guy didn't want to climb anymore) figuring someone on here would love a smoking deal on them. They are in very good shape, I think they have the euro gaffs on them and it looks like he tried to sharpen them himself :what: But if anyone wants them I just want what I paid for them. $150 takes them! I can get pictures if anyone wants them.

Those Euro gaffs in hardwoods are sweet, but in conifers they bury and stick. Always better than kicking out I guess.

man ! you got that right Jer.... Even the longer ones are still narrow compared to to the standards and they stick in conifirs like a damn nail. I have to tug and pull sometimes just to get my spur out.

Lever them out, Greg. Drop your heel as low as possible, bear the side of the ball of your foot forward of the stirrup against the bark, and rotate your ankle to lift your heel...another example of mechanical advantage :).

I thought the length would be good for everything we have around here, I cannot wait to try them out, I've missed out on deals a couple times on geckos, so as soon I saw them I jumped on them.

Back