Fishing 2012

My Gramps was a fishing fool, going after Pike and Walleye on Lake Michigan and it's tributaries. I inherited his tackle box, but not much use for the big feathers with steel leaders when living in California. Just looking at the gear, I could tell that there must have been some exciting hookups.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tooth marks and scratched paint Jay? I always felt you could tell who was BSing about their success on filthy fish by looking at their tackle.

I haven't been fishing since my kids were born...thats three years in May. To put it in perspective, I always kept at least two rods in my truck and whenever I travelled by plane they came with me as well....

I have run into the same phenomenon Greg. Ever since I had kids, we only get the boat and rods out once a year :(
Between all our work schedules and Kat's school schedule, it is pretty much moot otherwise.

Fishing is a great way to chill after a day in the treetops. I don't get out to the lakes as often as I would like, but I try.

Last year I hardly fished. It went against everything I believe in about letting tree work control me. This year I'm set on making a little more time to fish. Not too much, but enough so that I don't feel like the year got away from me.

Sadly, I miss those days sometimes. Life was more simple then. I just did what I was told and stuck my hand out on Friday. I wasn't responsible for a thing! Other then sharp chains, straight bars, make sure to mix the gas

Walleye and smallmouth are big time on Erie. My bro and friends fish it alot for both. Oh perch too.

Friends last year biggest walleye and a cell phone pic he sent me. a 13.?? lbs and 28 inches

Copy of walleye.jpg

Got nothing to speak of this year, patiently waiting for ice out. Ice fishing season this year was very short due to warmer than average temps.
Walleye opens in mid may....cant wait.....as elusive as they are here.

I'm headed over to Port Clinton, Ohio in April to get after ol' marble eyes. Walleye got my attention 2 years ago and I'm having a tough time ignoring them.

Walleye fishing isnt for everyone. I love em myself. I dont catch alot of them, and they can be hard to target and catch. Its certainly not like Bass fishing, it takes alot more effort and thought than just tossing out any old lure. You really need to understand their patterns and habits, and even then, you can still get skunked.

Back