Wanted: stihl FS45 carb part

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Would like to find a junk scraped stihl 45 trimmer with a carb or primer bulb plate from carb for a friends trimmer.

Otherwise new carb is $32 to my door and I know stihl will have a stupid price on just the primer bulb plate new. Just trying to save him some bucks.

I might have something kicking around.. I have a couple FS 55 kicking around. Maybe the part is the same. I also have a box of junk carbs I can dig into. Same with the local dealer here. He pretty much gives them alway to me if I ask.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool I know the 55 had the same carb. Only thing there was like 5 zama's used all look the same. 2 of the plates look different but still might work.

Right now I just redneck fixed the plate by removing the valve inside and drill out plug. It runs good but primer bulb still not working right. So trying something else and wont know till tomorrow if that helped.

Well, let me know the number off the carb and I will check here. The 55 carb should only need a kit to make right. The scrap carbs, I can probably find a plate that will fit. Like I said, just need the number off the carb and I will go digging in the morning.

Cool.. Should have one and I will be heading into town tomorrow as well and I will stop by the dealer. I need a primer bulb for an FS 250 anyway and I can look at their stash as well while I am there. Just in case I don't find a plate here.

Case being, consider something being sent out to you Monday... PM me with your address. I know I should have it, but I am not seeing it in my files:scratch:

Will do. I will be sure to let him know about the long distance help.

He usually brings beer with him to drink when he stays while I work on his stuff. This time he couldnt due to his son wrestling all day at a meet.

I will make sure he pays me what he owes you and paypal it as a gift to you or however you want.

I wouldn't worry about it honestly. But he owes you some beer :lol:

Box received. The 2 scrape carbs look to be same black plate. Wont know for sure till inside. Also Thank You for a rebuildable carb just in case. The white plate on it is different looking for sure. 8)

He called and ask what he owed for carbs and I told him to bring beer that we will drink on your behalf CuredVoyce. :D

Thanks for the extras being I had no carbs in my pile for parts for these. 8)8):thumbup:

Last edited:
Back