Stihl MS441, MS440 BB For sale

Reddog

TreeHouser
MS441 $685
MS440 $575 Sold
Both saws were bought new. This sale is power heads only.
Both run well and have no known issues. My best guess is that the 441 has had around 15 gals run through it and the 440 around 7 gals.

The 441 is stock. I do have a large set of double Stihl dogs that could be included.

The 440 has had a big bore kit installed from day one. That was my choice as I wanted to try one. It runs just fine and has more torque than the stock 440PC. This leaves it with out a decompression plunger, so care must be taken to not get the recoil pulled from your fingers.

Both saws are sold as is.
Shipping is FOB origin. Zip is 48910 for shipping cost calculations.

The reason for the sale is that I need to switch to heated grips. My hands have really started to bother me in the cold while running saws.

orig.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Last edited:
The 440 has had a big bore kit installed from day one. That was my choice as I wanted to try one. It runs just fine and has more torque than the stock 440PC. This leaves it with out a decompression plunger, so care must be taken to not get the recoil pulled from your fingers.

Just wondering do you still have the OEM 440 P+C to go with the saw or even separate deal? Just in case others are wondering like me.

I'm not really in the game for it, Paul. Would love to have it, but mostly wistful thinking. Go for it.

How does a 440 match up to an 046?? I bought 3 046s 15 years or so ago and am still running them. They are beat to death but keep on keeping on. Probably about time I got a new saw...... Did just buy 2 200s. Crazy splurging this year:D

046 would outcut a stock 440, every time...for not all that much more weight. I don't know about Wally's BB though...that's probably a different kettle of fish.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just wondering do you still have the OEM 440 P+C to go with the saw or even separate deal? Just in case others are wondering like me.

Sorry no, it has been gone for a while.

How does a 440 match up to an 046??

The Big bore on the 440 makes it close to the 046 if the 046 is stock. If the muffler has been opened up on the 046 then the 046 still has the edge speed wise, but at the cost of more weight and bulk.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
goddamn tired after using it all day though. :|:

Thanks,I try to keep my tools in good shape.

You should try the 441, real close to the same power as the 460. Use's much less fuel than a 460, and your hands don't go numb. The filter stays clean longer. And weights just a little less. ;)

On that 441 I ran Toms and it did fine at first .Then the SOB got hard to start .Last go round it frustrated me and I dug his 460 out of the truck and got with it .Evidently he can start it though else it we be out here on my bench to see why it won't go .

Oh it was probabley a fluke or something .Other that the one instance it's been a pretty good saw every time I ever ran it .Knowing Toms crew it was probabley plugged in the filter tight as a bulls azz at fly time .I never even checked just fetched another saw .

Back