Shot show

Paul B

I dig hammocks.
a big trade show (guns, ammo, survival gear, knives etc) in Las Vegas is this week, just saw a Twitter post from Les Stroud (AKA Survivorman) and it made me chuckle, I have no doubt the BG he is referring to is Bear Grylls. :)

"reallesstroud Les Stroud
Shot show went great yesterday. Tx to all who came out! My attendance: 700ish. BG's attendance upstairs at same time 200ish Just sayin':)"

bearlosthetop.jpg

c0DT.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I saw that Brett, apparently its being received with a bit of that attitude, not being welcomed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
no in fact, I didnt try it, I saw a post from the folks at opsgear.com a couple days ago about it. On facebook I think

Tactical lever-action seems like an oxymoron to me.

I'll take an M4A1 any day over that.

I don't get into this tactical stuff. I can't say I remember having any wars in the streets of my community recently. I love guns, and if need be, is use one to save my life, but in that case, any gun will work. A monkeyed up centerfire rifle, set up for tactical use, just doesn't make a bit of sense to me, as a civilian. If I was a cop, or in the marine corps still, it would fit into my life.

Tactical smactical. I have a Winchester 94 in 44 mag. Cool carbine.

A friend of mine is at the shot show. Saw him at church on Sunday and he told me he was going. He asked me if I wanted anything..... I said yes.......but no

Cool event, never been though.

I'm thinking at one time the US military had some version of a lever action in 30:06 but the design didn't prove out .

The largest caliber lever action I ever saw which I did shoot was a .348 .They say it was an old bear gun .

The model '94 in 30/30 has probabley taken more deer than any rifle ever made .Light weight ,easy to carry,dandy brush gun or the rocky montains where you don't get a long shot .

I had a lever gun in .45-70; nice for civilian use, but I wouldn't have called it "tactical".

45-70 was a government weapon at one time. gotta understand ballistics to be able to lob one in :lol: I think it will punch through an engine block though with the right round 100yrds? I like mine berry much :D
Tactical?? NO.

A 45-70 was an old black powder gun that lobs a round with the arc of a morter .They used these damned old cannons on buffalos then shot at each other with them .405 grain bullet to boot ,Lawdy .

The first one I ever saw was in the Colorado mountains .I thought the guy was carrying a 410 shotgun by the size of the barrel hole .

Why make a "Tactical weapon" in a semi-obsolete caliber?

Yes, I realize that the 30-30 has a great place in American history and American hearts, but honestly it is the rifle equivalent of a stone axe.

Also hard to get except in the US. Why not choose something more common.

Exactemento!

Oooops.......are you talking about .308 or 7.62x39?

Both would work, but supporting the latter will probably get me banned:lol:

Back