Nightforce Medium (.400") 30mm Scope Rings

lumberjack

Young man on the go
They have a light dusting of green and brown krylon which could be easily removed.

$100 shipped. Pay with paper, plastic, or PayPal. Cheapest I've found online was $163 delievered.

2012-01-10204119-1.jpg

Not to be a smart ass, but what makes these worth ten times more than the rings I can buy at Wally World?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Quality and durability. It's an entirely different class than Walmart.

When I used them, they held a $3600 scope on a $7k+, 16lb rifle system. More than once the rifle was dropped, knocked over, or smacked landing on the scope during a match. Once it landed right on the elevation turret. It never effected my zero.

The US military spends 10-15 grand for the M107 sniper rifle, supplied with the Leupold scope. The rifles own sights are backups. Options are extra.

The US military spends 10-15 grand for the M107 sniper rifle, supplied with the Leupold scope. The rifles own sights are backups. Options are extra.

Jay, are you sure the rifle has its own sights? Most target/varmint rifles have bull barrels with no sights attached.

Geez, I'd love to have a .50.

Yeah, Scott, reading up on the .50 rifle, that is what it said. Supplied with the scope. I thought it was interesting about the rifles original sights seen as backups, curious how they were calibrated. Things like night vision capability would be part of the options package, but not the scope.

Carls rifle was a superb firearm. The level of accuracy was very impressive. Besides if you are spending thousands on quality gear. What's a few hundred for mounts.

Brett you need these rings. You just don't know it, yet!

The 50 caliber isn't a precise round by default. The Barrett has dismal accuracy.

I meant in terms of its effective range. It's considered effective to what, 1 to 1 1/2 miles? Hard to use iron sights at a mile. Unless you're shooting at a tank or something...:D

Its effectiveness is not just in accuracy, but in energy. A .22 Long Rifle will travel 1 1/2 miles, but taking out enemy snipers with one might be questionable.

The semi Barrett is commonly used as an anti material rifle, not anti personnel. It is an awesome rifle, but not because of its accuracy.

Carl, what kind of groups did you get out of that rifle?? Just curious.

Fwiw I got a sub 1/4" 4 shot group at 100yds with my savage in 308. That is accurate enough for me and it cost $600...

Sub .5" 5/10 shot groups at 100 yards. Around .75" at 200 yards.

Accuracy wise I had 50%+ first round hit rates on dimes at 100 yards, quarters at 200, and ping pong balls at 300.

A single 4 shot group is a statistical exception rather than the rule. How did you measure it?

Back