Rope Grab

Porkbrick

TreeHouser
sooo... ive got this idea in my head... but i need a ropegrab to molest in order to see if the idea will translate into the real world. it need not be fully functional as i will be modifying it. anyone have one laying around they dont mind letting loose of?

sooo... ive got this idea in my head... but i need a ropegrab to molest in order to see if the idea will translate into the real world. it need not be fully functional as i will be modifying it. anyone have one laying around they dont mind letting loose of?
If I may ask watcha got cooking?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
well, something along the lines of the rope wrench. extra gear tends to bother me, so i was wondering how could i get the functional aspect of the rope wrench without adding gear.what i came up with is basically a gibbs that doesn't grab all the way. im going to see if i cant modify a rope grab. if i can make it work it will replace the micro pulley in the vt hitch system, thus eliminating extra gear. thats the idea in my head, now i have to see if it works in the real world.

How about adding a lock pin to limit the amount of "grab" and when you need it to grab pull the pin and have a small tether for it. Maybe use the pin and smooth over some of the lobes on the cam at the sweet spot where you feel it has the right amount of friction.
I just reread you post I think a slot for the pin to ride in in the shell would allow it to tend slack smoother than what I was originally think of simply drilling through the whole shabang.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
im right there with you. i was even thinking about using a setscrew so you can fine tune the amount of friction/grab. that would me necessary to accommodate different diameters of rope as well.

Back