Traveling With Firearms

• Thread starter Mr. Sir
  • Start date
  • Replies 224
  • Views 16K
M

Mr. Sir

I'm taking a little excursion to Colorado soon and since I'll be in the boonies I thought I might take a handgun or two with me, just for the heck of it and just because I can. I've familiarized myself with the FAA rules as well as the airline's rules and everything seems to be pretty simple and straightforward. I'm just wondering if anyone else has done this and how long it typically takes to go through security with this "Special Luggage."

Usually no biggie. Just fill out your declaration, put it inside your locked, hard sided case and that will probably be all there is to it till you pick it up at the other end

Total non-issue. Like Willie said, unloaded and locked in a hard case... declare it when you check it in... no problemo.

It takes next to extra time unless you get a dumb ass like I did when I was leaving CT a couple weeks ago. Still that only took 3 minutes or so.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I usually travel light with just a carryon or two; on the rare occassion that I have a checked bag, I always use curbside checkin. Usually only takes a few minutes to be on my way to the gate. Seems like there's always a big line at the inside checkin counter.

I'll be bringing a printout of the airline's rules just in case I get "that guy" who doesn't know what to do with a "dangerous" weapon.

America is a marvelous country! If I had a gun in my luggage, I would be looking at least at eight years hard time. I like America!

Here's how you do it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QclVGUHvRvE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

America is a marvelous country! If I had a gun in my luggage, I would be looking at least at eight years hard time. I like America!

On the other hand, travelling around here, there is no real need for a gun.
Unless of course, you need to carry one in order to feel manly.

Nope!

Remember the old saying: " if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns"?

It is bullshit.

If guns have always been outlawed, stupid gangbangers can't pick them up at the local bar and have to make do with whatever blunt instruments they are smart enough to use.

Outlawing guns in the US is another thing. The whole place is so fricking suffused with guns that even if they were outlawed for the next century, there would still be some around.

It is quite telling, IMO, that most of the illegal guns that are confiscated here were air dropped to the resistance during WW2 by the Americans.

religion_of_piece_t-shirt.jpg

Do unto others before they do you.;-)

Nope!

Remember the old saying: " if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns"?

It is bullshit.

If guns have always been outlawed, stupid gangbangers can't pick them up at the local bar and have to make do with whatever blunt instruments they are smart enough to use.

Outlawing guns in the US is another thing. The whole place is so fricking suffused with guns that even if they were outlawed for the next century, there would still be some around.

It is quite telling, IMO, that most of the illegal guns that are confiscated here were air dropped to the resistance during WW2 by the Americans.

Not trying to be disagreeable, Stig, but I think your opening quote is speaking of the near-future result of the outlawing of guns. In other words, it is a known fact that criminals aren't concerned with being "legal". They're not going to run turn theirs in.

From the same perspective, drugs have been illegal for years, and they haven't gone away. But only the "outlaws" have them, use them, traffic in them, etc.

In Scandinavia I can have a Firearm with me for hunting or Competition.I'm going to Sweden via Denmark in January for a Hunt,I just Email the Police here and they send me back a letter incase I am stopped in the Train station.

That nutter that shot all those kids and detonated a Bomb in Oslo would have gotten a gun if they were leagle or not.Detonating Bombs is also illeagle but it never stopped him.

I have to say, the handgun ban and the clampdown on illegal weapons in the UK has been pretty much a failure with regards to preventing criminals from having guns. Carrying a knife over here gets you an automatic 5 year jail sentence. Doesn't stop kids carrying knives at all.

I'm all for strong gun controls - but banning them is pointless.

A heavy ban here, and rarely do you see handguns used in crimes other than gangsters shooting each other with them. Every once in a great moon someone will use a shotgun in a crime like a holdup, they are easier to obtain but still quite difficult, say as compared to the US. A gun might be useful for protection, but basically you wouldn't need it for defense against other guns. Baseball bats to kitchen knives are the tools of available choice for people of the general populace involved in crimes using weapons. The strong ban on guns seems to serve a useful purpose on the one hand, but it bothers that people have been brainwashed into thinking that guns are evil. The right to self protection is an important one, but having lived in the states and experienced that way of thinking, makes me an anomaly in my present location. Most people here look at the much higher foreign crime rates and murders, and come to the conclusion that it is a result of the easy availability of guns. The authorities are pleased that most residents subscribe to that manner of thinking.

Back