WTB; GRCS

Porkbrick

TreeHouser
Now, i know there's just about no way any of y'all have a GRCS you are willing to part with, but i thought id throw this out there before i pull the trigger just in case. cheers. jaime

I can make you what would look pretty much like an accurate reproduction out of papier-mâché (if you stand about a hundred yards away and don't squint)... :D
...but buying the real McCoy is where it's at! Go for it; you'll not regret the purchase.

Heck, it sounds you never should have bought it: you must not have been using a friction device very much at all. I'd sell anything I wasn't using.

... I looked and looked for used one ... found two on the Buzz, missed as both were QUICKLY sold ... long run there wasn't a huge savings anyways, threw down full price after the ice storm. Like most people say it doesn't go out every day, but when you need it it is THE tool! ... PS I still use my Portowrap quite often, alalone or even with the portowrap. Also Gregg Good will stand behind your new purchase, and there has been small design changes from the original.

i bought mine off ebay several years ago. sniped it from another tree guy, dont remember who, someone from the buzz i think. you could search there and save it so if someone posts one, you get notified of the listing.

Well, it might be "ownership", but the GRCS is gone from my house, alas...:cry:...I guess I'll just have to buy my own, IF I ever come up on a job that would justify it. I had Carl's for nigh on two years, and only used it once on my own job. The tip-tying option is nice, but with only one groundie (most of the time), it's quicker/easier (in most cases) to get out on the limbs and piece them out smaller.

Heck, it sounds you never should have bought it: you must not have been using a friction device very much at all. I'd sell anything I wasn't using.

I have the same feelings, but I still have a running 020T and ms200 plus a 460mag..... all that have only been started in the last year just for the sake of starting them.

I would love to part with the 460mag as it only has a 2 weeks or so of use on it from hurricane Ike. I would sell it, but I love owning a saw with a lot of poke in it plus I don't think I could get a good price for it.

It is just hard to part with the things that have made me a living ;-)

I still have 6 -7 pro saws. x2 200 x2 346xp x2 372xp and a 395xp. No way will I ever use them much again, but equally, highly unlikely that I will ever sell any of them.

Back