log load

gf beranek

Old Schooler
And here are a few pics of loading a log onto a low bed.

Attachments

• DPP_007.JPG
    DPP_007.JPG
    618.7 KB · Views: 80
  • DPP_005.JPG
    DPP_005.JPG
    571.2 KB · Views: 81
  • DPP_002.JPG
    DPP_002.JPG
    612.6 KB · Views: 85
  • DPP_004.JPG
    DPP_004.JPG
    649 KB · Views: 82
  • DPP_008.JPG
    DPP_008.JPG
    588.8 KB · Views: 81
  • DPP_009.JPG
    DPP_009.JPG
    630.4 KB · Views: 79
  • DPP_006.JPG
    DPP_006.JPG
    642.1 KB · Views: 81
  • DPP_003.JPG
    DPP_003.JPG
    641.8 KB · Views: 82
  • DPP_001.JPG
    DPP_001.JPG
    590.8 KB · Views: 85
Logs that size must go to a specialize mill, yes? What length were the logs bucked to, Jerry?

Impressive pics. I love the ingenuity using the plant to get it on the low loader.
I can see alot of star shake at the end of the log. I presume it's caused by the massive impact to the lay

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Those were 16s plus trim. Normally only 6 inches of trim on short logs, but the big ones deserve a little more for error in bucking. And the fallers bar and chain run out on almost every buck. Probably from the dirt in the lay. Really should have put a new chain on.

Those cracks, Pete, may very well of come from the impact I suspect so. The tree had several large and natural wind checks but indeed those look fresh as the lay. Too bad too, because the mill is going to deduct for all the defects in the log. May only get half scale. That hurts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's volume, Carl. That one big tree is probably a break even proposition for the logger. The rest of the job is what counts in the long run.

Thanks for the eye full Gerry and the loader wheel stand puts a reality check to my scope of its size. And one log on a lowboy. Glad I have seen this WOW!

Ah, didn't know it was an existing job where they were already set up, Ger. I was thinking with all that iron working, transportion costs alone would be pretty hefty!

That log definately put the squash on those loaders .How'd you like to hand mill that sucker with a chainsaw .Lawsy you'd be at for a year .

Back