631hp Mustang Bullitt (not mine)

SkwerI

Treehouser
For any of you guys in the mid Atlantic region, this car is a freaking monster! Only 7K miles on it, he's got a forged motor with a Whipple blower and all the supporting mods for only $35K. That price includes the original engine and other take-off parts as well. I don't know him but the car is gorgeous!
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71760

IMG_4917.jpg

IMG_4912.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have $35K invested in mine so far, stock motor and 21K miles. I'm at 414hp. And yes, the Bullitts are sleepers for sure. No chrome, no stripes, no spoilers, no badges.

I test drove a Mustang a few years ago. I think it was around the 320BHP mark, had some naughty pipes on it tho. Sounded nice but felt heavy and a bit cumbersome through the bends compared to my Scoob. Nice car and I did like the look of it.
Couldn't have lived with the fuel consumption, especially as it's now £1.40 a litre here. Saying thaat the Scoob only did 20mpg and could drop to single figures with a heavy foot!!!
Curently got a 2010 Mini Cooper S. A lot qucker than it has any right to be, over 40mpg on a steady run, not gonna mod this 1, spent to many years worrying about things going pop and emptying the bank account:(

A friend of mine just bought a new 2012 Mini Cooper S. Quick little car but when he drove my supercharged Mustang he was blown away by the power. And the one listed above makes mine look like an old worn out minivan.

The scoob looks like an absolute blast to drive as well. Although I could never bring myself to own a vehicle with a large wing like that on the back. I'd be afraid of taking flight.

Tim, your front right looks low on air, otherwise, it looks sharp for an import ;)

Brian, driving your ride would be a hoot I bet, talk about sticking your backside in the seat under power :D I miss the Z-28 I had years ago, it had guts but I bet it was near half what your car has, and it was fun city.

That Bullitt in the first post is not quite as fast as this one:

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PPv_HgQbPw0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PPv_HgQbPw0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

It's old now but a story .It must have 1989 or so I was remodeling houses as the constuction biz or rather big industrial work was at a slowdown period .This one long legged chick I was redoing her house wanted to test a Mustang HO .It was reworked by Ford motor sports by Alexander Bros of Detroit .

I was driving (long story :|:) out on I-75 running 65 MPH in 5 gear .She said nail it so I did into 4th and broke the tires loose .Good Gawd .

I pulled off the interstate and raised the hood on that thing .Come to find out it was turbo charged 351 instead of a 302 HO they normally came with .Fast then but most likely not so much now .They wanted over 30 grand for that thing even back then .She got a Lincoln instead .

I am pretty sure a turbo charged 351 could still hold its own with modern stuff!

The Bullit looks like the definition of MUSCLE car. Very cool.

I am pretty sure a turbo charged 351 could still hold its own with modern stuff!
Debatable .The 351 was a push rod engine .The valve action of a DOHC is much better .It wasn't anywhere close to 600 HP ,probabley half that .If you consider though that a standard Mustang with a 302 was a shade over 200 which still seemed like a bunch .

To be quite factual if the subject is modern engines ,the 4.6 in mama Dars Merc is a step above all the 302's I've ever owned .None of them put out the power nor got the gas mileage including the Mustang engine I have in the Lincoln MK 7 LSC I have in my shop which I don't drive .

:lol: You gotta remember on a diesel you inject the fuel into a compressed cylinder full of air .On a gasser you compress the fuel with the air . I don't know what could happen at 35 psi boost on a gasser ,likely bend the rods or blow the head off .It might hold it ,don't really know .Ya know on a double a dragster running nitro it goes in at nearly a liquid state but the engine is only good for one run .

My Cummins tops out at 34. I've read about twin turbo Cummins making 140 pounds. Like Al said, different critters.

Back