North American sports

Paul B

I dig hammocks.
Is it me or does no one give much of a rats ass about NBA striking/lockout and the baseball 'World' Series?

via Twitter: Texas Rangers beat St. Louis Cardinals 4-2 to move within one win of World Series title

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think we should go Reagan on the pro sports deal, fire the lot of them and hire back the ones that will work for a reasonable living wage. The obscene paychecks are so 1995.

WW II is what I was referring to :)
Kids soccer is what ir is all about now. :)
Then skiing...
Then daddy gets a break prior to thinking about enrolling the kids in martial arts :D

Only sport I have time for right now takes up almost 7 days a week. High school football with my sophomore son starting varsity. 7-2 right now.

I live five minutes from Bronco Stadium where Boise State plays football. They're ranked number four in the country and have a great coach and quarterback. It's fun to follow them. I became disillusioned with sports not over the salaries but the bad behavior. BSU's coach cares as much about his players behavior off the field as on. It's nice to see, unfortunately the fans can be a little ugly though.

Spoken like a true cheesehead! No love for the brewers now that they are knocked out? :P

I give them props for making it as far as they did but I have never really been into baseball it's a little too boring for me.

it might be harder to understand baseball if you haven't played it. It isn't all that exciting a lot of the time, but there is a lot of subtle tension in the game, or just a good way to lazy through the afternoon watching. It takes skill to foul off pitches to get the one you want, and if you get too cozy, a ninety-something mile an hour fastball under your chin can brighten you up. There is drama and well trained fundamental skills, plus the characters on the field.

I have played baseball and I understand it is more of a chess game with player position and all, but I just find the pace boring.

Baseball is a game where you visit with your friends during the game and then focus on the game during the exciting parts. Assuming they come. Most of the pitcher/batter drama is too far away to be seen by the fan. Except on TV.

Back