Disc Golf

• Thread starter Greenhorn
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1K
G

Greenhorn

Any disc golfers out there? I know quite a few tree guys that throw discs so thought I would ask. Weather is getting nice for it here finally and we have lots of nice courses. A great way to get out in the woods and kill a few hours. Often schedule my my last estimate by a disc golf course, dont tell the wife!

My youngest son is a big fan. He played in a league last summer. Last winter he bungered up his thumb skiing so he couldn't really compete. He got pretty fair left handed but not really competitive. We have some nice topography on our land so he practices here a lot. I throw a little.

I used to play more, now with the boys and the business I don't really have time for much. We have a couple of nice courses around here. I also played several courses with my sister around Minneapolis. It's amazing how we fast you loose this skills when you don't play very much.

I just played a bit in Portland a few weeks ago. There is a course outside of Portland in North Plains that is supposed to be world class at Horning's Hideout. I could stand to play a little more. I don't know if its an international rule that the third hole is a beer hole, but that's is how my friend plays. Someone called it fitness frisbee, but I think that is a stretch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thats funny Jay, thought you might have encountered it in Cali and what not. Its addictive once you play a lot and a good workout if you keep a decent pace and have varied terrain on the course. In a strange way it has helped me with throw line and re-crotching in the tree, hand eye coordination stuff I guess. We put l.e.d. lights on the disc and keep the party going sometimes too!

Back