2005 Chevy 3500 Duramax Chip Truck

mpriley05

Expert Lurker
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Chip Truck

6.6L Duramax Diesel; 60K Miles; Allison Automatic Transmission; Dually; Rear Wheel Drive; Dual Fuel Tanks (about 40 gallon capacity) with locking caps

The truck has a 8'x12' Knapheide dump bed. The bed has 3' tall removable metals sides, metal barn doors, with wooden chip box style sides and top that make the box almost 6' tall. The truck can be converted back to a flatbed. Dumping a full load is no problem. There is a metal door between the front of the chip box and cab that can be opened so you can use your rearview mirror. There are also two large under-bed tool boxes. The truck has telescoping trailer mirrors to see around the bed.

The truck is in great shape, runs very well and shifts smoothly, and has no major leaks or problems. The Firestone tires have about 10,000 miles on them and are at about 90%. The truck comes with a towing package -- heavy-duty hitch, brake controller and tow/haul mode on the transmission. The brakes have about 10,000 miles on them. New batteries were installed in 9/2010. New rear hub seals were installed in 12/2010.

The driver's door has some yellow paint on the bottom of it from driving over fresh road striping. The license plate light needs to be replaced, and the audible backup alarm only works intermittently.

More pictures are available via email - mpriley05 at gmail.com.

Asking $19,200

IMG_4808.jpg IMG_4816.jpg IMG_4815.jpg IMG_4828.jpg IMG_4805.jpg IMG_4833.jpg

Sounds like a good deal. The duramax/allison combo is awesome for those wondering, Dad's 3500 runs the same set up, no major problems in the 5 years we've owned it. It will pull just about anything.

I don't know squat about the engine or transmission but that sure seems like a good price for that truck. Good luck with the sale.

Perfect scenario for me.. Can fit better in tight spots, customer often wants to keep chips, dump them on site where they want. Rarely do we get more than 5 yards a day when we work. If we do, no biggie. I don't have to take them to the dump and usually have a free place to dump them close by or at my place. On larger jobs, we used to just take two trucks. Just down to Rob and I now, so .......

Right tool for the right job. No big trucks for me either, although sometimes I'll fill my 8-9 yards before 9:00. Whatever, go dump your getting paid for it.

Word! I charge a flat rate to go dump it... One load comes home with me for free and is often times sold if it is a clean load (meaning no poison oak).

Right tool for the right job. No big trucks for me either, although sometimes I'll fill my 8-9 yards before 9:00. Whatever, go dump your getting paid for it.

OK, Not sure what you are saying, except you said go dump cause your gettin paid for it, . All I was saying is that we dont do residential work so we need 20 - 23 yards. We fill a ---ahhh, never-mind!
no apostrophes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was a good truck, but yes, we would fill it quickly sometimes.

Did you find the problem with your lights on that truck, Steve?

Not totally, but I got a work around that will work for a while. I made a little bridge wire to a keyed wire and so the clearance lights come on whenever the key is on. The only problem is that the radio light goes dim (it thinks the lights are on) so I can't see what channel it is on except at night. I replaced the light switch twice and neither switch will activate the tail lights.

When I first got my backhoe, I hauled a bunch of pine chips home, about 300 yards, to start my compost pile. Morbark 3036, 20 yards, couple of minutes.

Back