Titanium Buckingham Hooks

• Thread starter RIVERRAT
  • Start date
  • Replies 39
  • Views 5K
R

RIVERRAT

I will get a pic if there is any interest. I am with out a camera at the moment & will need to chase one down.

These do not have pads. I need to get rid of them so can get the ones I need. Make an offer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The pair I am getting weigh nothing. Never need sharpening.
Because of the perpetual energy they give off I also never tire while wearing them ....Made from some unobtanium, spiritual type, space crap.

I'll stick with the carbon ones that Willie turned me on to!

Like to get 1/2 of what a new pair goes for. I am doing my best to get a pic of them up to day.

i just lost my titaniums, but i already replaced them with a pair of geckos;)
I will be getting Geckos or Klines. The carbon Geckos Stig mentions would be my first choice if it werent for price. I can climb just fine in any make of hooks out there. Heck I still have my first pair of Brooks that arent made any more & did a removal wearing them not to long ago.

Just being picky seeing that what tree work I am doing is 90% TDs.

Give me an exact price including shipping.

It seems people are being a little gun shy and not wanting to be the first to put out a price. Let me see if I can get the ball rolling here. We're talking titanium....no pads....retailing for about $310 on wesspur. http://wesspur.com/spurs/bucklite-titanium-spurs.html but Treestuff has them for $289. Normally I see used gear as selling for 50-75% of retail. But this is an all metal item with no moving parts, so quality/function retention is really high. I'm thinking around 85% is still a really good deal for the buyer.

So I'm thinking riverrat will be happy to ship these to you for a solid $250 (that includes the shipping price which will be about $15-20 depending on how he ships).

How'd I do?

Okay- I'll stop meddling in your affairs now!

love
nick

How'd I do?

I'd like to recalibrate my original formula. I forgot one thing. Sherrill has their 150% price guarantee. So if you take Sherrill's high price and treestuff's low price, subtract the different off that, times it by 1.5, you get a total discount off sherrill's price of $54. They started at 325, so $325-$54 is $271. If we take $50 off THAT number it puts us as $220.

What about $220? Can you both do $220?

(I have a feeling riverrat is having a ball sitting back and watching the haggling take place between a half-interested buyer and a seller who doesn't even have interest in the transaction!)

I paid Butch $225 for his titanium Bucks, including two sets of pads...all used but not worn out by any stretch of the imagination. I thought it was a great deal for me, and he seemed happy with it, too.

Back