Bandit 90 For Sale

mpriley05

Expert Lurker
2005 Bandit 90 9” Disc Chipper
386 total hours (54 since new tachometer)
76 HP Kubota Diesel – V3300 Series
9” x 17” feed wheel opening
Autofeed & Feed Wheel Lift Cylinder
Clutch Rebuilt – 4/11
New Battery – 4/11
New Fuel Pump – 5/10
New Tachometer & Autofeed Control 10/09
New Tires & Wheels –6/ 09
New Drive Belts – 10/09
Spare Tire & Wheel
I use a 2” ball hitch on it now, but I have a pintle that can be mounted on it.
$17,500
Email mpriley05 at gmail.com with questions, etc.
IMG_1846.jpg IMG_1843.jpg IMG_1844.jpg IMG_1840.jpg IMG_1841.jpg IMG_1847.jpg IMG_1842.jpg

I have the same bumper sticker on my chipper! That is the perfect size chipper for a small operation.

Too bad it's defective. In fact, 'cuz I'm such a nice guy, I'll even let you bring it up here. No... no need to thank me.

:/:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well it certainly begs the question. Why all the new parts on such a fine new unit?

No real mystery. The chipper's previous owner apparently decided to play mechanic with the clutch. The torques weren't correct, which over time caused vibration of the main shaft. The clutch had play in it while engaging, so I took it in. There was damage to the bearings and a crack in the pressure plate, and the end nut and washer were not even hand tight, so the entire clutch got rebuilt. If I never have to pay to have a clutch rebuilt, it will be too soon.

The other stuff is relatively small. I blew a tire and it ruined the rim, so I got new ones. The battery was the original from '05 and just didn't have the juice anymore.

The autofeed didn't work when I bought the chipper, and the only way to fix that is to pony up for a new tach/autofeed unit.

The fuel pump (the low pressure, external one - not the injector pump) gave up the ghost one day. I'm glad it was just that, and not something else.

The belts were a service item that the Bandit dealer talked me into while the tach was being installed.

Besides regular service stuff, that's about it. I seem to have bad luck when it comes to things going wrong with my equipment. Maybe that's another reason I'm getting out :lol:

All reasonable, seems to me...stuff happens, especially when an owner/operator flies by the seat of his pants...referring to the previous one, mind you :).

Heck of a nice looking, extremely clean unit, if you ask me...oh, wait...nobody did :D.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Heck of a nice looking, extremely clean unit, if you ask me...oh, wait...nobody did

Thanks for the advertising!

I try to keep my stuff looking nice and running well, but it's a never ending battle.

Pete's camping, I wonder if he even knows. That machine will suit his truck and work perfectly.

Got a friend in Cali who is selling a Bandit 90 as well. If anyone is interested let me know, I will put you in contact with him... Clean unit

Back