$6.50 to see the Rolling Stones

Che

Treehouser
.....a few years ago. :D

Fun concert. Pretty scary at the end though, crowds had busted through the gates, the cops had their dogs out, tear gas was set off....I just heard about the tear gas after the fact, but I sure remember those dogs! :\:

Attachments

• rollingstones_June_18_1972_sm.jpg
    rollingstones_June_18_1972_sm.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was exciting. Completely sold out. I don't remember alot, we were very psilly that night. 8) I do remember thinking that Mick Jagger was a bit off-key many times....and that his pants were VERY tight. :P

I saw the Stones at Rich Stadium in '76. I think they purposely played like crap for the first 2 or 4 numbers to mess with the crowds head, but possible they just didn't have it together. Whatever the reason, they kicked ass for the rest of the show.

My first concert was Zep in '71 and second was Floyd in '72.

40 years ago this weekend me and 4 buds were in SW PA almost to WV at what was supposed to be a bigger than Woodstock event. Turned out the promoter sold a bunch of tickets and skied. We made it to the site, but the PA State Troopers shut the event down. We hooked up with some other people from our area and had a fun camping weekend. "Soundstorm '71" I have found reference to it on Google, but not much.

Sounds like fun! Tickets have gone up just a tad since then, we have tickets to U2 next week and paid a whole lot more then that.

I saw Chicago in Chicago in 1973. That was always fun to say. It was held at a big indoor arena with all concrete walls and floor. People were throwing glow-in-the-dark frisbees all over the place. It was so loud, I remember stuffing kleenex in my ears to try to keep my head from hurting. That was way before I knew about hearing protection. Wonder if that place is still there.

Back