Sampson eye and eye tail splice question

quabinclimber

TreeHouser
Hey everyone, long time viewer first time poster... even newer splicer

on sampsons eye and eye intrustions for tenex, Tec, Icetail etc...

on step 6 it looks like they are passing the standing end of the rope through the tail a second time then burrying the tail? or am I seeing this wrong? this would make a pass with the tail, 2 passes with the standing end for a total of three passes then a burry.

I am thinking that I only need one pass with the tail, one pass with the standing end and then the burry.

sorry for a confusing first post and thanks for your help.

Quabin Resevoir in Mass? I've never been there but hear it is an amazing chunk of wilderness.

Welcome quabinclimber. Yes you are right they show one extra pass that shouldn't be there. It has been a couple of years since I did this splice but I think if you do the crossover of the tails as they show you will end up with a bulge in the middle. You need to make longer tapers to end up with a uniform diameter after the buries.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Brocky, thats what I figured after watching some video's. Climbed on one of my eye n eye's yesterday. took it nice and slow but it worked great. I never really felt weary climbing on splices before I did my own.

Back