POV, oak dismantle

mistahbenn

Treehouser
Just another job, dismantle Oak over 4 Yards. Shame I didn't bring spare batteries. Thanks for watching :)

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IlaiLb7DRpM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was pretty good. I had to turn the music off though. You caught the angles good with the head cam without near as much shaking that most climbers do. Work on it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Gerry. Yeh sorry about the music, I had Youtube change it automatically, because the original I chose was copyrighted. I also missed alot of action because of battery issues. A few lessons learned.

Ben

I liked the music, seemed appropriate.

Cant say Id of done things the same way, but nice work. You obviously know what you're doing.

Whats up with all the stubs tho?

For years I used to leave stubs when I was nervous, I felt like it gave me more spots to hold on. I think most climbers leave stubs until they have a bad enough experience to convince them not to leave stubs any more. It also slows down the ground crew because every one of those stubs has to be cut off before the piece can go through the chipper. So if I leave a stub then I'm creating work for somebody else and that slows down the entire job. 40-50 stubs can add up to an extra hour or more at the end of the day.

Ive never had a real bad experience with stubs, other than lost time during rigging hangups. I learned long ago, they will eventually screw you (usually). Any perceived benefit they may give is far outweighed compared to the hassle they create. In my experience anyway.

I may on occasion leave one, but as a general rule of thumb, I cut it flush every time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I probably left them for just in case for natural crotches, I dont usually, just on those two long limbs on that particular tree... Thats all the footage I managed for this job.

Back