Armour prus

Sounds like it is one of those things you COULD do...but if you care anything about liability or ANSI, you shouldn't do. The Donagy's website doesn't show a recommended splice for the rope... http://www.donaghys.com/splicing-instructions.html

I'm torn in decided what my recommended splice for it would be. It seems it should be spliced with exposed eyes like beeline and HRC. But it's a dyneema core and dyneema melts easy. Maybe the class 1 splice would be better just by the fact that it'd protect the core more?

Call/email donagy's and see what they say!

love
nick

I do too, but last I checked (a long time ago) they were toying with brummel versions that could greatly shorten the buried tail length. Their current recommended splice involves a total of 40" of buried tail.

I'll follow up with them and see what they recommend these days.

love
nick

Heard back from Tony McDonald, the Rope/Cordage Manager at Donaghys. His response:

...We have tested all the splices and for an e2e a slightly modified Class I is the answer. The tails are just a little bit longer to help with the splice. We will have this published over the next 2-3 weeks...

Highscale, you were on the right track! I'm looking forward to seeing the exact measurements they call for...but it looks like we (almost) have the answer.

love
nick

Back