1993 GMC Topkick Chip Truck/Chip Box & Man Cab

lumberjack

Young man on the go
I bought this truck in May of 2007 and last used it in early June of 2008 when I bought a dump trailer (made it easier to load logs and I no longer had to chip my brush). It hasn't been moved since that June.
Specs:
1993 GMC Topkick 24klbGVW ~12.8klb empty.
366 Gas Engine
Allison Transmission
Arbortech Chip Box and Man Cab

I'll sell the truck, as is, for $2500, or the chip box with or without the man cab for $1500, the hoist is included. I would say at a bare minimum it'll need new batteries and an oil change before going into service.

Pictures from it's last job:
d0483567.jpg

0aa8cb48.jpg

Current Pictures:
01448fcd.jpg

f8bf17da.jpg

1b36e7ff.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mileage is in the upper 100k's, 180-190 I think. I can look if it matters. I believe it started life as a moving van.

I figure it's a fair deal, but the truck has been sitting for near 3 years so it'll likely require some work to get it back in service. I've seen orange chip boxes for sale for $2500 so I figure worse case sell the bed and scrap the rest. I paid $10k and change for it off ebay.

I thought about putting the 7.3L Powerstroke and 6 speed transmission in it, but I don't want any more projects.

Or at least you'll be able to properly position the chip truck in relationship with the bucket. No more dragging everything around, all the way to the back.

That too. I avoid that as much as possible, but if it is the case atleast the mini does the dragging.

Very good deal, close to wishing I could swing it so I could put my hiab knuckle boom on it such must wait though tractor clutch shattered this eve I believe:cry:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A local competitor spoke for it, supposed to pay next week and pick up next weekend.

Back