Kids harness

• Thread starter Sep
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 2K
S

Sep

Looking for one or possibly two kids saddles. If anyone has any in good shape and are looking to sell please let me know.

Thanks Sep

Nothing to sell, but no doubt in my mind that were I to be in the market for such, New Tribe would be my choice. Good luck.

How big a kid we talking here? Tiny ones (60 pounds or less) may prefer the Petzl Oustiti

7673-1.jpg

I'm having trouble getting the new tribe website so I can't tell you what size/weight their harnesses accomodate. But if your kids will fit it, the new tribe kids harness is the one to get.

love
nick

Haley is a growing machine, she's just passed 4'10" at age 7 and has probably outgrown her saddle but I'm hanging on to it for friends kids that climb with us. Finding a used saddle may be hard.

Haley has the Oustiti but I like the look of the New Tribe kid saddle better.

Burnham- I've found that the smaller the kid, the less harnesses bother them.

Regardless, the petzl is no match for a good new tribe!

Maybe so, Nick. You may well be more of an authority on the subject than I. But I rather suspect that just because a child doesn't complain about something like this doesn't mean that they are comfortable...they may just not know any better, and are seriously distracted by the fun they are having, :).

What do you think, Darin?

I've had six of my kids, plus quite a few of the neighbors' kids in the Petzl Oustiti with nary a complaint among them. ~just sayin

I bet Top has one, I remember he bought his daughter one years ago.

I do. However, I believe someone I work with has expressed interest in it. Otherwise I would offer it up here.

Nick is right, smaller children should probably start out in the Ouisiti. Mine did and never complained, she was always having too much fun. I bought a new tribe kids harness back in 06 for her as an upgrade. Had she been any smaller Im not sure it would have fit real well. Now Im almost certain she has outgrown that too. (Along with any interest of climbing trees with dad). I fear her next upgrade will be a car.

I'll check at work, if no interest there, I'll post it up here.

Gigi- Can you believe that was 6 years ago already? She'll be 16 this July.

Hey Hopper: I'll buy that saddle/harness off ya. My daughter's 9 years old, but VERY tiny. She's really athletic though. I want to give her a thrill up in the trees while keeping her perfectly safe.

When I took kids climbing I put them in a Black Diamond Vario sit and chest harness tied together with some Gemini cord.

Back