Todays Pink Floyd rotator picture.

Tucker943

Bamboo Plantation Owner
THATS what im talking about. Any y'all love the heck outta pink floyd? I always have. Ill be honest, I love the heck outta floyds music even without Roger Waters. Pulse. Thats was a bangin album.

I was 16 when I bought the LP "Darkside of the Moon" , I remember in 1977 listening to the 8 track tape "Animals" in my 1970 Trans Am with my buddies going a 100 mph down the highway. Then I remember buying the "Wall" in 1979 when I already was a settled down married man at 21.
Had a chance to see Pink Floyd live here in Manitoba in 1994 but the concert was sold out within a few hours.

Willard.

Grew up with Pink Floyd, my Mother was a big fan. Dont listen to them much these days, my music tastes have broadened a lot, but coincidently, I had Momentary lapse of reason playing in the truck the other day.

Hey Willard, do you smoke weed? Just curious. I'm pro-marijuana, myself. It that's something you prefer to keep under your hat, I'll understand.

Floyd, I remember in grade 4 one guy brought the new album, The Wall to school and the teacher would let us listen to it briefly if we were good all day. The next time I remember listening to Floyd was when I was about 18 and me and the boys would go to the bar/ strippers every few weeks on a weekend. Seems many girls did their last song/dance (the routine then was three dances; first fully clothed, second went to topless and third got nekkid) on a blanket to Comfortably Numb. I wonder if there was some sort of Freudian meaning to that.

Always liked Floyd, even more so now I live in the Cambridge area. Great to listen to Granchester Meadows while in Granchester Meadows.........

Back in -75 I was hitchiking across Hardangervidda in Norway with my best friend. As the sun was going down, a process that takes several hours that far north in early summer, we got picked up by a guy in a big old Mercedes Benz.
He put a brand new record on the casette player: Wish you were here

odda-8083.jpg

As we travelled through some of the most spectacular landscape Europe has to offer in the fading sunlight, I heard that record for the first time.
Everytime I've heard it since, Visions of Hardanger clouds my mind:)

Kevin, they hid it. Click the 'share' link and then you click the embed link. Takes two clicks to find it now.

Kevin, they hid it. Click the 'share' link and then you click the embed link. Takes two clicks to find it now.

Thanks man. I'm not fing smart enough to figure that out. Glad we all have our strengths to help each other out.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lRcQZ2tnWeg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1972 I had 4 Altec Voice of the Theaters and a quadraphonic Marantz, bragging to my buds watch these woofers blow a match out

Cranked the first song on their 1st album "Meddle(?)". the one with the THUMP THUMP THUMP blew the match and my 15" woofer

wow man thats a bummer -a bunch of stoners were we

Back