Hunting 2011

sotc

Dormant hero!!
Since Spring bear season opens next Friday, seemed a good time to start a thread. That and these pics of 8 cougars in one photo!!

Cool!

I'm still waiting to do my CORE so I can get out hunting this fall. Got my rifle licence earlier this year. I figure thats about the only way I'll get a pass off the ol compound! The promise of meat in the freezer.

Scouted your ground, Willie?

Good on ya Dylan. I have had my FAC for a number of years but have yet to procure armament. Or go for my CORE to get a license. Someday, maybe. :)

Y'all mean "CORI"? Criminal Offender Registry Information?

Ahhh! Our equivalent of a Hunter Safety Education Course. Gotcha.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool!

I'm still waiting to do my CORE so I can get out hunting this fall. Got my rifle licence earlier this year. I figure thats about the only way I'll get a pass off the ol compound! The promise of meat in the freezer.

Scouted your ground, Willie?
Not this year. SPring bear are usually found on South facing slopes this time or year looking for the first grasses. Nearly silly to scout Spring bear if you hunt the season regularly

Just got back yesterday from a 4 day hunt with my brother Joel. It was planned months ago and we just happened to get a nice little storm the day prior and day we rode in. We used Kennedy meadows pack station again and they were aresome as usual. I know I am in Cali, but t was cold. A water bottle froze inside the tent on the first night.

042.jpg

Here is a view of where the shot was taken from. The deer was 457 yards away per my Leupold range finder, just above the rifle barrel on the right.

055.jpg

It took us 45 minutes to walk over to this guy. I shot him once and he dropped in his tracks. It was my third shot tho. First two were low. my third shot was about a 24" hlod over. Not a monster, but a nice Cali black tail 4x4.

062.jpg

Nice Jesse, more venison! Did you ever make bear grease biscuits?

We did some biscuits and gravy up the other day, mmmm

:thumbup: on all your hunting pics.

Have some nice trail cam pics and bro has even dropped a nice basic 8. Nothing by me :cry:.
Everything has just been crazy busy to do pics that hasnt already been saved.

Thanks for sharing your pics. 8)

100MEDIAIMAG0216.jpg

Just got back from the Allagash wilderness in Maine. Spent a week there. We shot tons of grouse. great camp we stayed in also.

Back