Petzl Navaho Sit Fast

• Thread starter Lou
  • Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 9K
L

Lou

I'm selling my size 1 Petzl Navaho Sit Fast for $200 shipped.

It's in excellent condition, I've only done about 5 rec-climbs in it, and never worked in it.

And the buyer gets satisfaction knowing that this saddle cradled my very own behind ;)

p.s the Petzl caritool is not included.

IMG_0212.jpg IMG_0200.jpg IMG_0197.jpg IMG_0193.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
so before anyone comments on my screw link, I'll say this first.

Its a Petzl Maillon, and has been secured with blue loc-tite. So it can be removed if needed, I only used it to keep my hitch climber oriented the way I like it.

I'm going to try the black widow, to see if i can find a better fit to my body type. I find this one is extremely comfortable when im just wearing it, but rides way too high when weighted.

if the black widow doesnt work for me then im going to try the treemagic.

Most rope-grabs come with a screw link, anyways; I don't see the big deal.

But then, I've never been scared to climb on my screw-lock biners, either.

plus i dont really climb in the winter so this is the best time to sell the one i have now

With a daytime high of -20, I wouldn't be climbing much, either. :lol:

You should keep it. :drink:

Just add it to your collection. Wait!

Are you assuming the BW will ride lower? There's nothing wrong with collecting "whatever." Then, sell off the other stuff.

You should keep it. :drink:

Just add it to your collection. Wait!

Are you assuming the BW will ride lower? There's nothing wrong with collecting "whatever." Then, sell off the other stuff.

yeah, but i cant afford to buy the BW without selling this one

has been secured with blue loc-tite. .

Lou, just a suggestion if you like using screw links....

Instead of using loc-tite and want a snugger nut on the threads, open it up and stick a piece of wood between the opening, then with a wrench tighten down on the wood. You can spread the opening a bit this way so the thread alignment is slightly off, then it takes some effort to loosen and unloosen with you fingers henceforth, or you can make a wrench required to turn it. The nut won't turn on it's own. If you spread too far, pinch it back together in a vise. Only a slight tweak required, it isn't harming the device.

Lou, just a suggestion if you like using screw links....

Instead of using loc-tite and want a snugger nut on the threads, open it up and stick a piece of wood between the opening, then with a wrench tighten down on the wood. You can spread the opening a bit this way so the thread alignment is slightly off, then it takes some effort to loosen and unloosen with you fingers henceforth, or you can make a wrench required to turn it. The nut won't turn on it's own. If you spread too far, pinch it back together in a vise. Only a slight tweak required, it isn't harming the device.

I think I like the loctite idea better than deforming it and squeezing it back into shape in a vice.

I'm with Brett...it's way too easy to over do it and render the screwlink inoperable.

I just screw 'em down, forget all that shenanigans with locktite :).

I don't know if this has been said before but how about a wrench a 16th of a turn and done. I don't know about the rest of you kids but I have tools on hand all of the time.

Forget it, since I'm not talking about deforming anything beyond maybe less than half the thickness of one thread, but since you guys are so particular, I withdraw my suggestion. :(

Yeah, you squeeze it together so it gets metal fatigue, that's right! Sheeeeeet.....

ha ha haaaaa!!!!!! her name is McConnell, not Bobbit, I think ;)

Back