2011 Can-Am Outlander 800R XT

lumberjack

Young man on the go
Figured I start a thread to keep my ramblings on the matter somewhat contained.

As a brief recount, I bought the quad Jan 8th, 2011. As of today I have 267.2 miles/20:36 hours on it. So far I've used it on one tree job and took it on 2 "organized" (with other people) rides last weekend.

Here it is the day I bought it:
e9b81922.jpg

And here it is after its last bath this past week, minus the oodles of warning stickers:
9702c6f0.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Today I did my first real mod to it, installing a filter adapter that will allow me to run spin on filters instead of the more expensive/harder to change canister/cartridge filters. The filter is a Napa 21396 if anyone reading this needs to know. The adapter came from www.mrrpmcycle.com

You can see the original setup in this picture:
db4bf81c.jpg

Here is the filter and adapter. The 3 ports are for a temp gauge and an oil cooler.
090449c4.jpg

Adapter installed, fender in the way:
c1a120da.jpg

ca6e7310.jpg

d4949e11.jpg

Fender "adjusted" around the filter. The fender/foot board setup cost $76 to replace, if I needed to revert it back to stock. Right now the hose just makes a loop, no cooler is installed.:
8796e7b3.jpg

4a3f5b6f.jpg

5e49297e.jpg

7fd2b658.jpg

Yours is more paid for!

I might make a guard for it, but the lower radiator hose is also right there and the fender should do a decent job of protecting it. It will be something I keep my eye on for a while.

So far the filter is doing fine. Got some new slingers in today. 8) Got more goodies on the way, hopefully before the weekend.

e0eb401a.jpg

dcfdd5b1.jpg

1f865bdc.jpg

Cool ride cuz. Looks fun.

We should get a pool going..........

How long til Carl totals it? :lol::P

They're certainly not great for pavement duty, but it's not terrible. Certainly not as smooth as the balanced factory 26"ers. I haven't put a mile on them yet, gotta get the front end up so I can turn without rubbing.

Hopefully I'll be buying dirt or the like later this year. If I got that pasture next door I might be inclined to put a mud strip/ pond in. :lol:

The next town over where I've been riding is quite wet, here around the house isn't bad at all. My goal/ theory is to have an all around machine with an easily changeable configuration. I can swap the tires/ wheels out in under 10 minutes, we'll see how the new primary/ driven acts with bigger/ smaller tires. The exhaust has 3 bolts per muffler to install the cores, and if required the tuner can hold two maps. The front lift can be removed in 10 minutes I'd guess, pull two bolts and the bracket and reinstall the shock with one bolt.

ok, didnt figure you for holding the quad up with one hand and operating the tools with the other, sorry for underestimating you. :D

I was wondering if they rubbed. Dang, I don't think my Toyota can turn those mudders. 8)

Do you need a whole new spring setup? Or a spacer or something?

The Outlander has the same hp but only 25% of the weight! :|:

I'll use a spring spacer and a bracket lift for clearance. The bracket lift moves the upper shock mount down, giving roughly 2" of lift. Think the lift kit will be here Saturday.

Z71 on 33 inch tires:
9f60c55b.jpg

7a298854.jpg

Thats pretty sick! I had a 2000 something Honda Rincon for awhile - after playing in mud all those kinda quads take FOREVER to get clean. Rode in the top o the line can am utv side by side deal lately, very impressive. I would have left the oil filter alone, not like a road vehicle you are putting tons of miles with frequent oil changes, but whatever, you're the prodigal mud bandit.

Still waiting on the tuner and the snorkle kit. Both are enroute and should be here by mid week. This should get me started wrenching this rainy weekend however.

STM Primary and Driven with a new belt, LTE dual exhaust, lift kit, and heavy duty tie rods. The Pelican box is for the tuner.

ca97c475.jpg

What is the horsepower/torque now and whats it gonna be? I think the can am utv thing I rode in was around 100hp.

71hp stock, that's not going to add a drastic amount, the norm is 11-15%. However if I decide to big bore it, all the supporting mods are done. The clutching is super adjustable for anything I do now or in the future. The primary is called the Rage VI (6) because it has 6 fingers, 3 per stage.

Twice that in picture, Pete. Three times for everything I've done thus far.

Back