Hobbs vs GRCS, field testing

I think I can now die a happy man! I have been searching for that video for years. I am amazed at the absolute beating they took and held up. By the way who has 2" DB laying around?

Wow... some stress testing there:O any one know if any changes to the Hobbs or GRCS have come about since this testing was done?

Wow... some stress testing there:O any one know if any changes to the Hobbs or GRCS have come about since this testing was done?

Yes, the GRCS has seen several changes. The two big ones that I know of are (1) the new version uses a slightly different model of Harken winch, and (2) the pig tails have been improved to reduce breakage.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thats my personal youtube page, I only uploaded it yesterday and made it unlisted so the members of the Treehouse, with the link, can find it easily. Other than the one I just put up I havent seen this video online for a few years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
y'all might have forgot my old username ;)

Its all good, hopefully folks that haven't seen it before can benefit from the fellows that did the work to produce the vid.

Indeed.

And if the truth be known Fran's wanted to use a Cadillac El Dorado donated by the Healdsburg Fire Department as the drop load vehicle, at first. After further research he settled on the Volvo. Wise choice.

Awsome! Jer.... that was a fun day. At least the day I was able to help...

Back