My new silhouette rifle

Tucker943

Bamboo Plantation Owner
Picked this puppy up.
Remington 40xb action, Canjar trigger, Borden barrel .260 cal, Brown Precision stock, Leupold VXIII boosted by Premier to 18-40x.

silgun.jpg

No, thats not my mess in the background either.

Oh! That's one dead deer! Unless you choose to or should I say are lucky enough to get the PA Elk lottery. I'd be willing to bet there ain't a groundhog faster than that "puppy".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Truth be told this rifle will be used for shooting silhouette matches but you are right, it would make a mean hunting gun. As for that PA elk lottery, I could only wish.

Nice !! What did you have to give for that if you dont mind me asking?? What range will you be shooting it at??

Wow just checked, so the scope alone cost more than my rifle...

I got the whole package for $1500. The scope is certainly a gem. Its boosted by Premier and that alone costs a few hundred bucks. I got the good end of this deal. A natioanl competitor died this year of cancer and my best friend married his daughter. His wife is selling truckloads of guns and reloading gear.

Wow sweet deal. Post up list of other guns and prices;)

I just bought my first guns and am loving my Savage 93r17 TR. To me a complete novice it is amazing the accuracy of that thing and thats just a $370 factory gun:|: Cannt imagine what yours will be like.

The frustrating thing for me is at 42 years old Im just learning to shoot and my eyesight has just started to deteriate rapidly and my right eye is the worse:|:

Jay, I think it's some kind of fiberglass/kevlar composite. That's a sweet deal you got there.

The stock is a foam core, wrapped in kevlar, then covered in fiberglass. The pistol grip was custom molded to the last owners hand. As for the savage gun mentioned, they will often times shoot as well or better out of the box than monkeyed up target rifles.

Back