A small chainsaw hurricane

hmm

Such an innocent...
Being only a Lawn person and a rec Climber. I have very little to post here. But this is my story. We bought a house with a LOT of pine, tall poor quality trees, some dead, so we needed to take them down. Also in that group were 6 poplar that were just inthe wrong place. These were all cut and dropped and that was the easy part. We had a local saw mill wanting the logs so they were cut into lenght that specified. The Mill tractor could not pick up the logs which were located on the other side of the septic system and his tractor could not run over the tanks, so we had to use the only thing we had on site, our Scag Tiger lawn mower. With rope and the Tiger, we dragged the wood to the pick up site.

I had a grand time.

our yard Feb62011.jpg YARDCAS 089.JPG

hmm

Dang, you must have got that motor hot on the scag!!!!

I wouldn't think that your Scag could move those heavy logs. That's pretty impressive. Nice looking house you have there also.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was fun, we burned a lot of the brush, Put the smaller logs on the front and hauled them over. It was a lot of work, and I really did not think we could do it. I now know you all work harder the I do and respect you all more.

hmm

Needs, must! Gotta use what ya got!
Innovation is the name of the game...looks like you had fun!

You get that load hooked close enough to the hitch point where it tries to lift the load and it puts weight on the drive wheels .They can get with it now .The problem might be steering it but on a hydrastat you have individual wheel control .

My little 1951 Ferguson really isn't very heavy and it will pull a mighty log .That one though you just can't steer with the front wheels 3 feet off the ground .

Some years ago I worked alongside 2 Ardennes. They were fast strong and beautifully quiet. I hated going back to the tractor.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ADpf8fw9XJo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back