Wanted Petzl Podium Bosun's Seat

NorthWoodsDiver

TreeHouser
Like the title says, I would like one of these. I only want it cause I have started to volunteer setting routes at my local climbing gym and sometimes that involves hanging for quite a while. I can't see myself paying full retail since I am already volunteering my time and gear and that's the only use I have for one.

Does anyone have one, in usable condition, that they are willing to part with?

T

I have the bosun seat from a Tree Austria II, only used about 6 times. It snaps in with a buckle on each side. What kind of attachment does the Petzl use?

I use to set routes at my old roommates gym years back we made a bosuns seat out of an 1x8 oak plank and some gemini cord.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not sure, it appears to be just a carabiner attachment to your climbing line or bridge.

I have a Petzl Sequoia SRT harness for trees and a Petzl Corax 2 rock climbing harness.

One of the other setters has a wood seat, it's bulky and heavy and I guess not that comfortable so that's why I was looking into this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How heavy is it? I had to assume it was much lighter than the wood ones, but all I can go on is pictures.

Based on the replies, I feel like I should have asked if people actually like the Petzl seat. I get the feeling it's not well received...

I have always liked Petzl gear, and their products seemed well though out and quality made.

I have a Petzl Podium seat still in the orginal bag. I'd probly be willing to part with it if the price or trade was right. Spent a stupid amount on it and have never used it once.

Back