Dropping 25 pounds in 2 months

arborworks1

Treehouser
I signed up for a myriad of foot races for a three week period from the end of march through mid April. I need to shed some weight quickly. Been doing meat, eggs and cheese for the past 2 days. Splurged on oreos tonight though got to start all over tomorrow.

Picking up some hydrocut tomorrow as well. Figure between cutting my intake a bit and running 20+ miles a week I should be able to drop 25-30 pounds by race day. Any tips would be great!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Meat,cheese and eggs chief. I will see how it goes. Between running and working. I doubt I will be able to shed 15 pounds in 2 months. I was being stupid and eating a lot of sugar loaded foods over Christmas. I actually put on around 8 pounds of muscle last year training for races. After that happened I really started to see an increase in fat burning.

I did my own version of Atkins several years ago, I lost 60lbs in 8 weeks. Being grossly overweight is far more unhealthy than losing it fast. I felt like a million bucks compared to when I started. I watched what I ate for several more months but stayed at a plateau so I just ate what ever I wanted, for 2 years!! My weight didn't change more than 3lbs either way.

Then it started to pile back on again. so I did the Atkins again, but not as extreme as the first time and I was only able to drop about 25lbs in 6 weeks. the weight stayed off until I went back to school at which point my activity level dropped 10 fold.

When I first dieted, my initial switch was to remove soda and sugar beverages from my diet. I lost 12lbs in a week without doing anything else. Plus the caffeine intake I had was terrible for me so dropping soda was all around better.

The important thing I did, was take every Saturday and eat a meal of whatever I wanted ( within reason and early in the day). It helps keep you sane when on an extreme diet change. The other thing that made life easier for me was to fast for several days. I was used to eating large portions of food, so I never felt satisfied when dieting and cutting portion sizes. But after fasting a week ( with water and vitamins) even small meals were filling. If you can handle a few days without much or any food, it makes the remainder so much easier to handle.

Obviously most of what I did is probably not considered "healthy" for most people, but I felt better than I had in 8 years. Losing weight at only 1-3lbs a week would be discouraging to me.

I am now still unhappy with my weight so I took a different approach... Today is my first day as a vegetarian (ovo-lacto), total opposite of Atkins.

I agree with North woods, if you can start with a fast, dont know anything about weight loss but I do know some about optimal health. Fasting is SO GOOD for you but I havent been in a position to do one for years, you need to take off from EVERYTHING whilst doing it and I dont have that option of late. You cannt work and fast, by about the 3rd day you will start to get fatigued and giddy. Man after a week eating a small bowl off lima beans with butter is BLISS. I did my first fast when I was trying to restore my inturnal flora which I believe is one of the most important things you can do for your overall health but can be so hard to do.....

I fasted 4 or 5 days once. It's damn good for shrinking the actual size of your stomach. Afterwards, one sammich and you're FULL!

You only drink water - TONS of water. You're not even supposed to use toothpaste. The theory was to remove all stimuli to your taste buds. I'd just eat healthier, smaller portioned meals than go through all the fasting drama, if it was me. For some people, it's even unsafe to fast. Fasting is kinda extreme.

After highschool, I started working at a grocery store. Piled on about 30 pounds in about 2 months. Went to work for Asplundh and started climbing. Between diet adjustments and climbing, I dropped the 30 in a month. Once I got my metabolism cranked up, I could eat anything I wanted, as much as I wanted, and didn't gain a pound.......it don't work that way no more....hello middle-age........:lol:

I didn't know working in a grocery store = weight gain. I mean, I gained weight in the food service industry, but I've never noticed stock boys/whatnot munching in the grocery store aisles.

I didn't know working in a grocery store = weight gain. I mean, I gained weight in the food service industry, but I've never noticed stock boys/whatnot munching in the grocery store aisles.

Yeah, but at break/lunch times, I'd hit the break room with 3 or 4 candy bars and a couple of drinks. Sugar overload. Back in those days, I'd drink 6+ 16-oz. Dr. Peppers evey day. That and my metabolism wasn't all that high.

I've actually dropped 20 pounds in the last two-three years. I'm holding in the 160's now.

I fasted 4 or 5 days once. It's damn good for shrinking the actual size of your stomach. Afterwards, one sammich and you're FULL!
Well I won't say I really wanted to lose weight but I did after a set of China clippers that didn't fit real good .I don't suggest anyone do that though .However for whatever reason you don't consume as much the old stomach does shrink , I'll say that .

Back