54' HTP Rafflauction FREE ROPE!!! (maybe)

NickfromWI

King of Splices
I had a hank of static line left in my stock. I had been pulling off this reel and selling it to folks- but got down to a 54' piece. Too short to be a climbing line, but might be a good lanyard or something. I'm sure you all will figure something out do do with it.

So my first thought was to auction it off and have proceeds go to Brian...but I'm not sure this thing is worth all that much. The stuff is maybe 70 cents a foot. I also put on a reeving eye (just for rope setting.. the eye is not life support). So here's what I thought I would do. We'll just raffle it off. Pipe up if you want it. We'll close it at 6pm western time on Wednesday of this week.

But, if you want it THAT bad, you can bid on it. A starting bid of $20 will cancel out all raffle requests and automatically turn this into an auction.

It's 10mm Sterling HTP. Brand new, never climbed on. I'll pay the shipping to anywhere in USA/Canada. $15 shipping to anywhere else.

love
nick

Attachments

• htp coiled.jpg
    htp coiled.jpg
    745.6 KB · Views: 13
  • htp eye.jpg
    htp eye.jpg
    679.5 KB · Views: 14
Nick, I appreciate the thought but I'm doing ok and even getting back to work already. The Treehouse members have been more than generous and the help has been greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

Could that eye be lock stitched and whipped to make it secure enough for life support standards? I'm not familiar with that type of rope so I have no idea.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let's just turn it to a treehouse rafflauction, then :) same rules apply

Brian- the eye is lock-stitched with my invisible method.

I basically spliced it like 16 strand arborist line. But this is a standard kernmantle static rope. 16 strand rope has it's strength in the cover. Static line is the opposite. All strength on this rope is in the core. And this splice has no core, thus- no strength.

But I bet it'd hold!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h-4rFU_kHoU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Got the rope today Nick! Thanks for your generosity! Cant wait to tie into the spliced eye. (kidding man)

Not sure what exactly I'll use it for but it'll get used for sure.

Thanks again. TreeHousers rock!

Back