Free Canon Camera Lens

brendonv

Tree Hugger
I have a Canon EOS IX lite Camera. Got in on Ebay ages ago. Upon taking out the film, it snapped inside the camera. I never had a use for it with digital now, so it sits in the garbage with film snapped broken inside.

I have a lens with it that I don't want to trash yet, markings are as follows

Canon 52MM HAZE-1 U.S.A.

Canon 38-76mm 0.58/1.9ft

Auto and Manual Focus

I really don't want to throw it away if it's useful for someone, if not just let me know it's OK to throw away.

Free

I'll pay shipping to the US.

That lens, in its day, run close to $400 bugs. Don't know if it would fit the new digital. Don't get hasty in tossing it I'm sure there's someone that could use it. Least if it would fit a digital body.

Chip?

Glass from film bodies usually moves forward to digital bodies. My basic Nikon will take most of the older lenses, but will only autofocus lenses that have the motors built in. I don't know Canon, so I don't know if that's a mount that carries forward to the digital bodies.

It likely does...my father-in-law had some Canon film/lens that he could use on his Canon digital when he transitioned to digital.

Dave, I read where some people go so far as to install a chip in the old lenses to at least get metering...still have to manual focus. Must be delicate work, and there is a problem with space on some, you can't do it. The newer Nikons are better that way with the old lenses.

Brendon, I have an old dinosaur canon slr, I'll try and get a picture.

Will it fit this? if so I'd take it off your hands.

Attachments

• IMG_1098.jpg
    IMG_1098.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1100.jpg
    IMG_1100.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 8
Deva, I have an almost identical looking camera except mine is a Minolta. One day I'll probably throw it away.

I just got 7 rolls back from the Walgreens, the pictures are awesome.

I need some instruction or practice to get a lot of the f-stops and other dials right.
But, I still got a lot of good pictures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry Deva, just saw this. I have no idea about camera mounts.

I'd need to see where the lens connects to the camera in order to compare the two.

Deva's camera takes FD mount lenses...pre autofocus If your if AF, then it is an EOS lens...will fit any current Canon SLR.Deva, I have a coupla FD lenses ..one is a 35-70 you could have for $5-10 shipping. The others are awesome lenses, but prolly not soemthing you'd want to pay for.

Hey Brendon, Sorry I was at work earlier, here's some pictures.

Wow, thanks for the offer and great info. I admit I'm a SLR rookie.
I'm interested for sure. Roger.

Here's a picture of the AE-1 program.
I read up on it, it's an 1981.

My current refurbished digital is refusing to auto focus, or focus at all.

Attachments

• IMG_1134.jpg
    IMG_1134.jpg
    589.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1131.jpg
    IMG_1131.jpg
    470.6 KB · Views: 5
Deva, I have a 70-200 Tamron that is a pro lens, meaning it is large. It is fixed 2.8 aperture. It is an adaptal mount, and comes with a Canon FD adaptor. I haven't used it in years paid to have it cleaned of fungus, which came back. it was a $700 lens. You can have it for any price between $20 and 100. It would cost 100-150 to have it cleaned...but I bet the fungus wouldn't affect the images.

What camera make/model is you digicam?

The digital is a Canon SD1200 IS ELPH 10.0 megapix.
First I had a lens error, I had given up on it and just hadn't tossed it yet.
then I rebooted it, maybe. I held all 4 buttons down at once for like 10 seconds.
The lens error went away, it took great pictures for about 2 weeks, now, it shoots normal for about a minute,
then changes it's stasis focus into unfocus (blurry). So whatever.

What is this fungus you talk about in the lens you're offering?
Is it a seattle fungus?
Is it a long lens for far away pictures?

Attachments

• lens.jpg
    lens.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 53
Looks different, Deva.

Any one else?

Blinky? Roger?
See my post above.....your's takes EOS mount lenses....same as all modern Canon SLR bodies accept.

Bodean, the fungus is growth on an inner glass surface.....it's off to the side. The lens is optically similar to that white Canon in your shot, which looks like a 70-200 f 2.8. The other two look similar as well. 200 mm is 4 power....

I gotchya.

Was wondering if you wanted it.

I've got the camera too if anyone wants to fish the film out of it somehow.

Thank you for the offer Roger.
I was just reminded (wifey) that I wasn't in the market for a lens before i read this thread.

Sounds like a good deal though, thanks again.

Hey Brendon,

I've got a Canon EOS that that lens would fit on. I've actually been looking for a lens like that (my wife makes photo cards and could use another lens).

Let me know if you still have it, and I'll send you some shipping $.

Thanks,

Mike

I've got it. Send me your address in a PM, I'll ship it out when I have some time.

Just make a donation to the treehouse if you want to send something towards shipping. :)

Back