Bear grease

sotc

Dormant hero!!
Probably not to many interested but I will post it for the novelty. My Bro-in-law shot a little bear last week and I harvested the fat off it. Tonight I rendered it down into lard to use for baking. Bear grease makes the best pastries and my wife volunteered me to make some pies for fowl meat day.
1) Fat roast
2)chopped fat
3)warming it in the pot
4)fat steak anyone?
5)cracklins from the first batch
6)in jars and cooling.
Tommorow is should be all set up and will be white

Attachments

• IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0160.jpg
    IMG_0160.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    619.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 14
Bear grease makes the best pastries

I wonder why that is??? Is it because of their diet?

I luvs me some hot, fresh cracklins! Alas, my doc would jap slap me if he saw me eating that stuff, LOL!

...have never tried Bear... folks in the Greens claim the Berry Bears taste the best ... worst are the dumpster feeders that have been known to eat the contents of disposable diapers ... yup the Berry Bear would be my choice ... nice job rendering ! many people just eat the meat while wasting the rest of animal ....

You eat all them cracklins yet? They ain't good for you Willie. Send up here I'll dispose of them properly.

THAT is an unusual skill to have, Willie...cool stuff. All looks good except picture two of those chunks of fat...something about chunks of fat is yuck.

You guys live a life we can only dream of over here!

As much as I would love to try cracklings, or anything cooked in bear fat for that, I'm not sure I will ever get the chance to try it!

Enjoy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haha, fun stuff. Stoner, you make it out here someday and I have some, I'll fix you some bear grease biscuits and bear sausage gravy8)

Dave, I don't eat much of the cracklins, dog gets some, I eat a little and toss the rest

Well now I'm going to tell you if you eat those damned cracklins you'd better have teeth about like a bear .They are akin to a man hole cover . You'd stand a better chance of chewing driveway gravel or walnut shells .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
TonyTigerFat1.jpg

Back