Wanted KASK with all the goodies.

• Thread starter dandandatreeman
  • Start date
  • Replies 51
  • Views 5K
D

dandandatreeman

Anyone have a KASK with visor, and muffs for sale? I would like to have a smoke visor.

I have one with clear visor but Im keeping it. Suprised myself by how much I like it. Seem to use the visor WAY more than I thought I would. Just to make you feel bad I got mine for free.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess that I will just order mine from treestuff.com. It really aint that bad for about $250 for one decked out.

It's actually 125 for the helmet 53 for the smoke visor 23 for the muffs. So 212 and change.

best wait until the new ones come next year man...or you will be having to replace it ;)

I need to get a helmet and I like what I have seen. I have heard that Kask will replace the old style with new one. I am starting my Climbing service very soon (will be insured and licensed tomorrow.) so I will need to have this PPE. I have tried on petzls and didn't like them, and I wear glasses so the visor looks like something I want.

I'm going to sub-contract my climbing skills to different companies in the Baton Rouge area. Hired gun I've heard it called. I don't want to start a tree service though I could when there are like 90 in the yellow pages here. I just want to climb, and go. I will have my own insurance, license, gear, and saws. I will be doing my own work too. I think this is a good way for my to start.

I got my kask a couple weeks ago and I love how well it fits!! I don't have the muffs or visor yet but I'm planning on getting muffs this week.

Have you had any problums yet?

Dan, the problems show up after having it a few months, the inner foam rots and crumbles away.

Plus, if you read the specs, they are only rated for top impact, not for side impact.

Petzl and others are rated for both.

Petzl has a competitor for the ill-rated Kask coming out in March.

http://www.petzl.com/us/pro/news-pr...weight-helmet-work-height-industry-and-rescue

check it out.

I'm getting one of the new vertex vent's. better fitting, lower profile.

yellow with black straps! ;)

I guess I'll just have to tint the visor. I think I will wait for that and get something cheap for now to meet the needs of PPE for now.

And I do like the way it looks......DAMN

Back