Yo Veterans! Free Meal @ Applebees TOMORROW!

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I'm gonna chow down for SURE. :drink:

Details!

baon_cheeseburger.jpg
house_sirloin.jpg
chicken_tenders_platter.jpg

oriental_chicken_salad.jpg
three_cheese_chicken_penne.jpg

fiesta_lime_chicken.jpg
double_crunch_shrimp.jpg

I think I'll dine on...
baon_cheeseburger.jpg

Thanks Butch! I did not know about Applebees was going to be so good to us vets.

They do it every year. Too bad there's no Applebees closer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Damn, I've never heard that before

Hell, I'm gonna eat all day! Chili's, OutBack, Krispy Kreme, Arby's, and Golden Corral are all offering free food, too. Excellent!

I deleted your thread, Virginia.

Military service should be a requirement. It teaches a young person LOTS of good things and is nothing but an educational experience.

I had my taste in military school as a kid, three years of it. Long enough to negatively affect my attitudes toward authority figures.

I actually tried to enlist in the Army when I was 18 but they rejected me because of my eye. In hindsight I am very glad it worked out that way.

Believe it or not, military school AIN'T the real military.

Everyone needs authority figures.

FTR, the Army SUCKS!!!

I was in the Navy, but I was as AF brat. I'm familiar with all the military branches 'cept the Coast Guard. The Army sucks because there are only a couple hunnert white people in it.

The catch advertised here was must be active duty with current military ID :what:. No biggie busy working again all day and just taking a break from the wiring job :X.

Just in case you guys didnt know and you happen to shop at Lowe's or Home depot. If you take a copy of your DD214 ( I think that was the discharge form wasnt it) they will take another 10% off your price ;). Least they do here.

I was in the Navy, but I was as AF brat.

I was just the opposite. Dad retired navy and was a recruiter at one time toward his final years as a AOC and he advised me for the higher education part to go AF.

I was a patriotic draftee in 1970. Wasn't thrilled to be there, but it did me some good in the long run, I had some good times and met some great people. Sorry Butch, it was in the Army - Artillery Survey - 82C20. This is the only day of the week that I won't be in a city with Applebees.

I was in the army reserves [field engineers] for 2 full years when I was 22-23 yrs old. Did this after work while working in the bush as a faller. My chainsaw experience and fitness was appreciated by the squadren. My 1st wife at the time was so curious of what I was doing that she joined up too. Lots of excellent experiences from those days. Could have taken time off from work and joined the regular forces over in Germany at the time. This was around 1980-81 and the pressure was on when that Ilatola Komaniac was causing all the problems in the middle east.

Willard.

The local Applebees evidently has extended that offer to every vet .I didn't attend but when I went to replentish by Budweiser supply for what I thought was a magic refridgerater I saw a few of my buds which are 'Nam vets standing outside .

The local Golden Coral does the same ,which I did attend once .I didn't have to show anything but I did have my hat with my dolphins on it so evidently that was good enough .

online ad says a DD214 is acceptable as well as a bunch of other stuff.

I don't know Butch. The Army was very white when I was there. Got to watch making generalizations. Sort of like saying there are only a couple hundred straight guys in the Navy.:D

I don't think they really care that much .Besides being a nice gesture it's a good tax write off plus the PR it generates .

As I was leaving, I passed a fellow coming in carrying his discharge papers, lol! Nobody really asked me for anything, either. That surprised the hell outta me. I could probably go back and eat again tonight, providing there's a new crew - which is very possible. I was there at 10 am for my meal.

Back