Hiking Biking Mount Rainier Pics

SouthSoundTree

Treehouser
If you've never been to the PNW, you might enjoy these pictures. Until coming up here, you'll just have to have a taste.

Its a good place for tree folks to visit, and a solid day's drive to the Redwoods in northern California.

Four years ago I moved to WA from Lake Tahoe coming into a huge storm year. We came to see the destruction from the Carbon Glacier melting, adding to lots of rainwater from storms, flooding the valley. The river changed course a lot eating away the road and trail.

Since then, they've made major trail clearance work throughout the park (a friend works/ worked this crew in the summers). They've built many bridges in this Carbon River area, and made a lot of the trail reasonably passable by mountain bikes for 4 miles up the mountain, up to the wilderness area boundary, where we started hiking an additional 3.5 miles to the toe of the glacier.

Just a little PNW tree and mountain eye candy.

FIXED:
http://s658.photobucket.com/albums/uu303...mview=slideshow

Takes a bit to load. Will have a blank screen. Only about 15 pics.

Too bad...I'd have liked to see your pics. But I'm not going to sign up and generate a photbucket profile to do so. Nothing against you, Sean...I'm whining at photbucket.

I have a Photobucket account but the link doesn't work for me. It just takes me to Photobucket's main page.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't linked a slideshow before. I think business owners could use a slideshow link effectively from their website, or other online advertising. I'm going to try it at some point. Off to look at what is supposed to be a dying 4-5' dbh noble fir, abies concolor. Good crane access, according to the main contractor.

Nice Sean, but ya never told Amy was such a hottie!:)

Rainier is cool. I made my way from the east coast to Rainier one time and decided I was acclimated well enough to the altituse to waltz right up it.....

NO, I wasnt. I made it to Camp Muir and spent the night camping in the snow there. It was some awesome country.

Back