Bobcat 773 skid steer loader, trailer, attachments

SkwerI

Treehouser
A friend of mine (the guy who sold his dump trailer to Lumberjack last month) has now decided to sell his skid steer as well. He's asking $12K for the Bobcat, attachments and trailer. The bobcat is a 2001 model that got a new motor in 2002. It only has about 2000 hours on the unit (with less than that on the motor). It's in fairly good shape but has a couple minor issues. If anybody is interested I can get a couple pictures and some better info. I know it has an air conditioned cab.

View attachment 27496
View attachment 27497
View attachment 27495
View attachment 27494
View attachment 27493

Questions that will come up:
Why was the motor replaced?
What attachments does he have for it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The original motor was overheated. Brad is the second owner, he bought it after the motor was replaced. I think it was a warranty deal.

As far as attachments, I know he has the regular bucket as well as the grapple bucket. He has something else also but I'm not sure what. I was driving in traffic when he called me today and didn't take notes. I've only seen him use the grapple bucket with it.

The trailer is a heavy duty tandem axle flatbed equipment trailer with ramps. 16' I think.

Damn, sounds like another good deal is gonna go down. I feel kinda badly for your buddy, having to sell everything off cheap.

He made his own bed, Skwishey. At least he still has his UPS job, the Bobcat service and tree work was a part time sideline for him.

What kinda issues does it have?

I couldn't swing $12k right now, but I figure if it doesn't go quick, he'll drop the price like last time.

It's wheeled. Nobody uses tracks here except some new construction where there's nothing to tear up. Tracks do too much damage.

I am not familiar with what he meant when he said there are some minor issues. I know of two hydraulic issues he's never fixed, the grapple only works on one side, the line on the other side has been capped off. He said one of the other boom functions leaks down slowly so you have to continually keep pulling it up in order to maintain position. Again, something he has just lived with and never bothered to fix.

Carl, he's not quite as hungry as he was last time. I don't expect any price drop for at least 3-4 weeks.

Looks like I'll be stopping by Brad's house today and grabbing some pictures. I'll add them to the first post when I get them.

Yeah, took 3 weeks last time for him to get the munchies. :lol:

Not fixing the grapple seems like silliness to me. It's either bent or a messed up cylinder or hose. It'd have to be an awesomely swinging deal for me to want it enough to get it.

Drifting booms are either cylinder seals or valve body seals/issues. Neither should be a horrendous fix, the valve body would likely be tougher due to it being harder to get at.

The cylinder is bad on the grapple. He's bright enough to replace hoses when needed.

Pictures added to the first post. Trailer needs fenders, a couple tires and some work on the running lights at least. There are two dirt buckets, one looks practically brand new. I tried to get a picture inside the cab but it was locked and the flash reflected off the glass. No extra charge for the beer cans.

Well depends on if you like the beverage or not I suppose . As for me I've consumed every thing from Iron City to Becks and it all works if you are thirsty enough .I wouldn't leave the residue in a skidloader though, untidy to say the least .

On that though I guess I am somewhat of a stickler as I will not under any circumstances operate machinery and consume beverages of that nature . The tap don't get popped until the work is done .

Back