I need your honest opinion on a Ford F-550

littlenick

TreeHouser
What would you guys pay for this truck?

http://www.fullerisford.com/used-cars.aspx

They put 2 new injectors in it and some minor front end work (ball joins, a few tie rods).

I went down and talked to them about this truck two times. The second time that i went down I made an offer on the truck of $12000 cash and the sales man laughed at me. I think that they think that I am not serious about buying this truck. I made them the offer and the sales guy lied to me that they spent around $5000, yes $5000 in repaires to this truck. I dont know about you buy 2 new injectors, some front end work and maybe a little something here and there would not add up to $5000.

Thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some how its not providing the link with the truck, try this:

- Go to the left hand side.
- Select the year 2000.
- Select the make ford.
It is the white F550

If you're buying from a dealer, you're going to pay at least twice as much as it's worth. And they will lie through their teeth to make the sale. I'd try to find a private seller, if I were you.

If you're buying from a dealer, you're going to pay at least twice as much as it's worth. And they will lie through their teeth to make the sale. I'd try to find a private seller, if I were you.

Yea i have been calling everyone with a truck for sale on craigs list. Everyone i have called it is eaither a rust bucket or they have a sale pending.

to add up to a total of $5000?

You can pull out the whole engine and still be less than $2000!

Of course I can. I'm not charging what the dealer is. ;)

The dealer is free to ask whatever he wants for it. You're free to either pay him, or move on.

I'd be looking at an F600 before I bought a 550, anyways.

Paul Cox found a nice F550 down in Tampa last year. I went down and checked it out for him before he bought it, I think it was about $10,700. It was the last year of the 7.3, a 2003? with about 100K miles.

Paul Cox found a nice F550 down in Tampa last year. I went down and checked it out for him before he bought it, I think it was about $10,700. It was the last year of the 7.3, a 2003? with about 100K miles.

yea it must of been a 2003.5 or earlier.

Sounded like a pretty good deal, southern truck too!

if the dealer treated me like that, id go back after i bought a rig from someone else and show him, and tell him politeley to go eff himself. for being rude and not taking you seriously

it happened to me a time or 2

sometimes they change their mind if they see a envelope full of 100's

A friend of mine was truck shopping. He asked the salesman what the best price he could do was. The guy told him to look on the sticker on the window. He went and bought a different brand. He made a point to stop and see the salesman to show him his new truck.

I just finished a job for a used car dealer/broker whateever........he was living in a 2 million dollar home....biz must be good

If you must have the truck, go back and ask for the sales manager. Sit down with him and tell him you'd like to buy the truck TODAY. Tell him you've got 12 grand to spend, TODAY. The word "today" carries a lot of weight when making a large purchase. If the salesman was a prick, forget him. Go right over his head. But dont go bashing him silly to his boss right off the bat. They might be drinkin buddies for all you know. After you strike a deal, then explain to him that you would have liked to have bought the truck already and been well on your way but were treated poorly by one of his men. If the sales manager is a jerk also, ask to sit down with the dealership owner. Go as high as you need to go to get business done.

Whenever Im being stalled on a check from some commercial tree work, I go right up the ladder until I get a check generated and mailed. Ive pissed off a few people in doing so, and even lost an account or two, but business needs to get done and I need to get paid. That simple.

I doubt they'd come off sticker price 25% unless it's been sitting there for a couple-few months. They would take 75% down, I'd wager.

When I was buying my Ranger I ran into a few dickheads. One wouldn't give me a firm price... etc etc. No sweat off my balls; I did make a point to drive by and honk the horn in the new truck he didn't sell, though... made sure he noticed me. :lol:

If they won't deal, drive on. YOU'RE the customer.

If you are not well versed in the ways of big trucks it would be good advice to take a very knowledgable person with you .Any good honest dealer should not reject the idea of an independant inspection .If they do ,walk on .

The guy that bought Toms big chip hauler from Oregon had made arraingements for such an inspection at the local Freightliner business of which he paid for .Evidently this guy felt the couple hundred dollars was well worth it which would be just a drop in the bucket as compaired to a major issue with the truck .

Now in my opinion a 450 or 550 for that matter is just an oddball size to begin with .That's about the size the hoity toit horse people haul their 150 thousand dollar horse palaces down the road with .More or less just a yuppie one ton with a fancy cab .

My 450 was a PIA, with to many dealer only parts like axle bearings and seals, brake stuff ect. went to a 7.3L 350 always parts in stock.

A yuppie one ton with a fancy cab... Have you seen a 550, Al?

I also don't get wanting a 650 over a 550 either.

Why not? Just a mere 95 grand.

Attachments

• f650_2.JPG
    f650_2.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 5
  • f650_1.JPG
    f650_1.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 4
  • green jeans 1.JPG
    green jeans 1.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 111
  • green jeans 2.JPG
    green jeans 2.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 110
  • green jeans 3.JPG
    green jeans 3.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 111
LMAO

Ha!! Y'all make me fricken hoot myself laughing. Like folks selling cars are bad because thy won't slash a price by 50% or 25%.

What if one of your prospects looked at your bid of $1000 for a job and then said "how about $500". You would come on the Treehouse and whinge about customers. Then if they got the service for less expensive, you would whinge about "hacks". Or you would take the high road and say, "I drove by and company xyz was doing the work for cheaper."

Trust me, when you drive by in your new ride an wave at the salesman, he is happy he didn't give away any cheese he didn't have to.

Nate, just so you're clear on this- it wasn't a price issue in my case. He simply wouldn't give me a firm number. No shit.

Back