My new hobby... cont'd

• Thread starter Mr. Sir
  • Start date
  • Replies 48
  • Views 6K
M

Mr. Sir

So, you may have heard I'm into gun collecting now. Here are some pics of my latest finds. The first two are a pair of "Ducks Unlimited" Weatherby shotguns from 1979 and 1980. These are the "Dinner Guns" that are auctioned off at their annual banquets. I managed to buy these two from consecutive years with the same serial number; DU-1048

Both are in brand new, never fired, original condition with the original locking hard cases and all paperwork.

Attachments

• Weatherby DU 004.jpg
    Weatherby DU 004.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Weatherby DU 003.jpg
    Weatherby DU 003.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Weatherby DU 001.jpg
    Weatherby DU 001.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Weatherby DU 002.jpg
    Weatherby DU 002.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 16
Nice looking guns!

Make sure to keep perspective, less you end up like I did with a seriously retarded number of guns sorted into stacks by kind. For example, I had a drawer full of Glocks, and another for their mags. :|:

Nice pair! Oh.....and welcome back, wondered where you were at mate. I bought a Springfield XDm .45 today, I might even prefer it to my Glock, seriously sweet pistol.

Missed having you around to straighten out my as Mr Sir! Please don't stay a stranger! Nice looking guns, I've been doing the trade/upgrade thing myself. Not much free money floating around, so use what you've got to get what you want.

You really like the XD that much? I've handled them, but never shot one. I always just thought of them as Glock clones.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a couple of XD9's and I prefer them to the Glock 19. But even better is the Sig Sauer P228 with Crimson Trace laser grips and a rail-mounted Tac Light; that's my night stand gun. My favorite carry gun so far is the Walther PPS 9mm; thin, light, accurate, and absolutely reliable. Every time I pull the trigger, it goes BANG!

I'm going to look at a Colt Sauer .375 H&H tomorrow. Very rare, fine, fine production rifle. The guy says it's new in the box, never been fired. He's interested in getting a built M4, so maybe we can reach an agreement.

Any pics of that Colt Sauer, Wiley?

Here's a Perazzi 12 gauge I just picked up today. It has a 34" trap barrel. Maybe I'll take it to the gunshow in Tampa tomorrow to see if its worth more than I paid. :|:

Attachments

• Perazzi 001.jpg
    Perazzi 001.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 8
Bought it on the ole credit card, my friend. I'm hoping to flip it quickly and make a few bucks.

Actually, I got two of them. This one is a 29 1/2" O/U with ported barrels and a soft leather adjustable comb.

Attachments

• Perazzi 002.jpg
    Perazzi 002.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 5
Begging your pardon Brett but is the single barrel perhaps a trap model rather than skeet? I can't for the life of me figure out how one could be competitive in skeet (where DOUBLES targets are part of the equation) with a single shot.

I stand corrected, oh wise and esteemed one. I get my trap and my skeets mixed up; I'm a sporting clays kinda guy myself.

Here's one of my fun guns. A Yugo SKS with bayonette and grenade launcher. I had to take it completely apart for a thorough cleaning; it was packed in cosmoline for the last 50 years or so.

Attachments

• Yugo SKS 002.jpg
    Yugo SKS 002.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Yugo SKS 003.jpg
    Yugo SKS 003.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Yugo SKS 005.jpg
    Yugo SKS 005.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, this from the guy who hunts with a stick and a string.

I sold the Perazzis today at the Tampa gun show today. I made a modest 10% profit, but I'm happy with that. Where else can you earn 10% in less than 24 hours?
There's always somewhat of a risk buying guns online with just a few pictures and some text to describe them. Especially guns that cost several thousand dollars!

Yup, it was definitely worth the price of admission.

I'm going to another gun show up north in hicksville tomorrow. Probably bring a few shotguns to try to sell. Rednecks love their shotguns.

Trouble is.. Once I would start doing something like investing in guns.. I would never make any money at it. I would just be acquiring more. :lol:
Sell one for profit.. Buy more.. repeat... :lol:

Yes. I bought and sold guns for a while as a way to get to experience more of them first hand.......but I regretted most of the sales so I gave up and just buy a few occasionally and give one away every now and again

Back